AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

MUF 282F Robin Hood, built 20 years ago!!

Started by fullpint, 17, January, 2016, 05:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

A long shot but a guy is looking for this car.. His Dad built it 20 years ago. Told him I will post on here. I don't hold much hope but you never know :)
It was green in colour but I'm guessing it could have changed by now! If its still alive.

Gary RH7

Interesting. If it is a "F" Reg it could be built on an old Triumph like mine.

Hope he finds it. If he does it would be good if he bought it and joined the club.

sanzomat

Is there a specific Robin Hood owners club? Probably worth posting there too, but I expect you already thought of that ;)

Gary RH7

Quote from: sanzomat on 17, January, 2016, 09:07:28 PM
Is there a specific Robin Hood owners club? Probably worth posting there too, but I expect you already thought of that ;)

There is, http://www.rhocar.org/

I was a member when I built the car but lapsed when I was travelling a lot. Hence the car not being used much.
I always have a chat to them at Stonleigh and other shows. I am sure they will be able to help Steve.

Iancider

If it is still registered then you can possibly trace it via DVLA.  You have to have reasonable cause for this and it is a postal application.  Former ownership is not in the list but it is worth a pop.  It might be worth a phone call first.

https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

Ian

fullpint

Thanks Ian, I have passed the link onto the guy in question :)

damouk

You can check if a car is taxed online just by putting the reg and make in, the trouble is it doesn't seem to work for kit cars. Or autotrader and go to the sell a car when you put the reg in it will return the car details.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 18, January, 2016, 09:19:13 PM
You can check if a car is taxed online just by putting the reg and make in, the trouble is it doesn't seem to work for kit cars. Or autotrader and go to the sell a car when you put the reg in it will return the car details.

The car tax checking website does not seem to work for kits but the MOT one does! I can find all of mine on it. It will at least tell you when it was last MOT'd etc and if it was a while ago then it is off the road or gone for good.

Facial Hair Optional

The MOT website checking system didn't work but threw up this...

Details of the vehicle being checked
Vehicle details could not be found

Vehicle details could not be found as it has not been possible to locate the vehicle details, your enquiry cannot proceed and has been cancelled. If you want to check the vehicle record held by DVLA...

Please contact vehicle enquiries:

Phone:
    0300 790 6802
    Fax:
    0300 123 0798
    Textphone:
    01792 766 426

An advisor will be able to assist you 8.00am - 7.00pm Monday to Friday and 8.00am - 2.00pm on Saturday.

It could be that the car is no longer in existence BUT if you know it is then you can write to the DVLA as Ian suggested BUT tell them it is continually parking on your private property and that despite putting notices on the car they are still doing so. Tell the DVLA that you need the onwers details to send them a legal letter by post (solicitors or whatever) warning them of consequences if they do not cease parking on your land. Apparently the DVLA will often provide details under such circumstances. It is basically the same way parking charge companies in private car parks get your details when you do not comply with their ridiculous parking rules (Tesco underground car park in Yate for example - GRRRR!). Obviously they have a formal system in place with the DVLA, you will have to write the long way round but the same rules apply I believe.

Vindicator

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 19, January, 2016, 03:12:11 PM

Vehicle details could not be found as it has not been possible to locate the vehicle details, your enquiry cannot proceed and has been cancelled. If you want to check the vehicle record held by DVLA...

Gary RH7 mentioned it may be based on a Triumph....wonder whether it could it be one of those still registered as it's donor Triumph?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Vindicator on 19, January, 2016, 03:45:23 PM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 19, January, 2016, 03:12:11 PM

Gary RH7 mentioned it may be based on a Triumph....wonder whether it could it be one of those still registered as it's donor Triumph?

Tried that on the MOT history website - nothing  :(

Facial Hair Optional

Iancider

I pushed Google to see what it would reveal  and I found:

"This registration was first registered during the period August 1967 to July 1968. The registration was first registered in Brighton".

But that is probably the donor.

I tried a car valuation site but it could not find that number - oops.

Has anybody thought to post the number on the Robin Hood owners club website? www.rhocar.org

Vindicator

Thought I'd seen this 'post' before......on the FB KitCar site. Had a quick look at the post and the reg. number is MUF 282P (not F) and according to the DVLA appears to be registered as a Triumph.

Vehicle details:

Vehicle make
    TRIUMPH
    Date of first registration
    01 April 1976

Facial Hair Optional

Do you have a link for the FB KitCar site please, I can't seem to find it. (never heard of it before and no idea what FB stands for either!)

Have tried the new updated reg and Triumph/Robin Hood etc on the MOT history checking site and still nowt. Sounds to me like it is no longer on the road maybe?

Vindicator

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 20, January, 2016, 02:11:44 PM
Do you have a link for the FB KitCar site please, I can't seem to find it. (never heard of it before and no idea what FB stands for either!)

Have tried the new updated reg and Triumph/Robin Hood etc on the MOT history checking site and still nowt. Sounds to me like it is no longer on the road maybe?

FHO, sorry, FB is Facebook and the link is:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/128498247234680

(a rather nice AGM WLR on their front page at the moment)

Here are the details from the DVLA for the Robin Hood....they have a record but no recent details. Doesn't look like it's officially scrapped but hasn't been about much for a few years........

Registration number: MUF 282P
✗ Untaxed

Tax due: 01 November 1999
MOT

No details held by DVLA

If you have just purchased this vehicle, you must tax it even if it shows as taxed above. Vehicle tax cannot be transferred from keeper to keeper.

If you have taxed, made a SORN or had an MOT it can take up to 5 days for these details to be shown above.

You can check with your bank/building society to confirm your payment was successful.

If you have a valid paper MOT certificate this is proof that the vehicle has been tested.
Vehicle details

Vehicle make
    TRIUMPH
    Date of first registration
    01 April 1976
    Year of manufacture
    Cylinder capacity (cc)
    1854cc
    CO₂Emissions
    Not available
    Fuel type
    PETROL
    Vehicle status
    Not taxed
    Vehicle colour
    SILVER
    Vehicle type approval
    Not available
    Wheelplan
    2 AXLE RIGID BODY
    Revenue weight
    Not available

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Cheers Ian.

Sounds like the Hood is in someone's garage in bits? It'll show up one day as a 'barn find'!!

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 20, January, 2016, 06:20:28 PM
Cheers Ian.

Sounds like the Hood is in someone's garage in bits? It'll show up one day as a 'barn find'!!

LOL. He has the same engine as mine, the dolly 1850. He is probably overheating as well and trying to sort it out :P