News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New Toy

Started by Crunchie Gears, 03, February, 2016, 09:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crunchie Gears

Very chuffed with a new purchase ;D ;D

A Caterham SuperSport in Gulf colours.  :P :P  1.6 Sigma engine, six speed, windscreen, LSD and a heater.  As part of the negotiation I get a days tuition at a trackday, a go in a Geneta race car.  They are going to store it for me for February too.  The car has a few trick bits too.

I have a trackday at Cadwell Park booked for 11 March so fit to go :D

Crunchie Gears

Facial Hair Optional

Told you I was psychic  ;D

A very pretty little car Paul

Daley Down Under

I was just about to post "we need photos"  :D

Very smart

Cheers Adrian

Gary RH7

Good luck with it CC.

Glad you are chuffed after the Zenos sale.

Moleman

'The Gaffer'

Iancider

Brandy Barrel

Ok I'm jealous
Cool ride..

Brandy Barrel

Trick bits: rabbit from under the hood maybe 😜

Crunchie Gears

The weather was good today so I went over to PT Sports Cars for a test drive in the Catering Van. ;D. I know it was a risk as I bought it without driving it or even sitting in it :o

So turned up with my son and had a gander at the outside.  The guys at the garage are great and very knowledgeable.

The spec on the car is great.  It has a Premier Power F175 engine, LSD, quantum shocks with bounce and rebound adjustment, Six speed and a tiny steering wheel.  The car started no issue and off we went.  Peddles nicely placed for heeling and toeing, gear change is a little awkward as I might have had the seat a click to far forward.

The ride was much firmer than the Westie and the car is very much slower but not unexpected.  What did surprise me is the engine.  As it is a 1.6 and produces 175 bhp I expected it to be very peaky, but not at all.  It pull very well from low revs and revs and revs to its red line at 8000 rpm.  The gearbox is also very close ratio and 6th is not an overdrive.  So the car goes better than I thought it would.

When I got back to the garage I asked what tyre pressure they run and they said 21.  Holy shot  :o :o I run the Westfield at 14 and another cat dealer runs their race r500 at 15.  I will have to have a play as these guys have won the R300 championship for the last two years.

I also ordered a few bags and tonneau cover to make it a road trip car.

Anyway I am happy, it is not a quick as the Westfield but think it is a better road car. :-* :-*

sanzomat

Great to hear you like the car. Is this one a keeper then?