News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bump and rebound adjustable shockers

Started by Crunchie Gears, 16, February, 2016, 09:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crunchie Gears

I was thinking I might collect the Catering Van this week as I am going to Cambridge at the weekend and I could get a bit used to the car before my first trackday in it. ;D

But there is the challenge.  Should I set the shockers up from scratch on the trackday?

I have read how to do it but t could be a bit of a faff and I may mess them up.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Lucky Ed

Most of us on here use Dave Gallop at Track Developments for set ups and advice. He is a mine of information and can transform a car at minimal cost, so worth a call for a few pointers.
Dave normally recommends to start with the dampers set one third in from the softest setting, and then adjust in small increments from there. It's a good place to start and never seems that far off, especially if the spring rates are correct, which yours should be. 

Good luck
Ed

Crunchie Gears

Thanks Ed I will give him a call.

The issue is that there are two adjustments on the shocks and one needs to set the bump first and when you have that right set the rebound.  Here is an article on how to do it on a Honda S2000 with Penske shocks.  The same seems to apply to them all.  https://robrobinette.com/S2000KWV3Tuning.htm

I am sure Track Developments will be able to help. ;D

Iancider

CG,

Dave just worked hos magic for me so he is to be recommended.  My car is transformed now.

Ian

jmad

A third recommendation for Dave Gallop, not only does he know what he is doing he is more than happy to take the time to explain, what effect any changes will have.

Facial Hair Optional

He is THE guy to go to round these yer parts Paul! I will be taking the ASBO to him later this year for his views and ideas on any possible improvements that could be made. Cheers for the pics btw, just downloaded them! Can't wait for July now!!