+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

iva test 3rd March

Started by fidodido, 01, March, 2016, 10:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidodido

:'(Hi all anyone no what covers I need to put on the harnesses to cover the bolts  I'm trying to make something up can anyone tell me if they will be ok there not finish yet lol

Iancider

Hi Fidodido,

Pleased to see you have made such progress and good luck in advance.  The covers look fine - as long as you have reduced any exposed edges to radii of 3mm the jib is done.  all you need to make sue is that they will not easily come off so if the bolt passes through the underside of if there is a purse-string tie on there they will be fine.

Regards
Ian

fidodido

I'm glad you think they will be ok thanks for you help I'm hoping to get to the meet Thursday I will dring 1 with me if tour there you can have a look  :D

Bulldog Bri

sanzomat

Despite the thread title, isn't tour test tomorrow (10th March)?

Hope you've got everything sorted now and the test goes smoothly - good luck!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fidodido on 01, March, 2016, 10:24:21 PM
:'(Hi all anyone no what covers I need to put on the harnesses to cover the bolts  I'm trying to make something up can anyone tell me if they will be ok there not finish yet lol

Wouldn't domed plastic nut covers suffice or does the IVA require more?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M16-Bolt-Nut-Dome-Protection-Cap-Caps-Cover-Hex-Bolts-Plastic-Nylon-24mm-Spanner-/321363153013?var=&hash=item4ad2bc9075:m:meMR755fI_54WtSB7aJPG_g

damouk

Unfortunately not Steve, that will make the bolt head safe but not the belt bracket needs to have a radius on it

damouk

Well today was the day for stu's iva, and what a result pass first time for the 2b !

benchmark51

Gary RH7

Good one :D

Nice looking car also.

fidodido

Thank god that's all over and done with thanks for all ur help with it damo what's next then lol

damouk

No worries Stu, I'm not sure... maybe put mine back together then fight benchmark for the st170's that are on eBay

sanzomat

Well done Stu, great result - a real achievement - will you have it registered in time for Queens Square on Sunday?

benchmark51

Quote from: damouk on 10, March, 2016, 05:22:04 PM
No worries Stu, I'm not sure... maybe put mine back together then fight benchmark for the st170's that are on eBay
Are you after an ST170 as well?

damouk

Stu has been looking at different engines for his 2b Dave, the st170 is looking the best bhp/£ at the mo

Lucky Ed

Nice one Stu. I bet you're pleased to get that out of the way 8)

benchmark51

I have found a few this week, some with slipping clutches. Seems that sellers get rid for that reason, but thats one bit we don't need. Prices from £350 upwards. My problem is collecting, need a bit of help.

Moleman

Nice one.  8)  There is still one space left for Castle combe if you are up for it?  :)

Iancider

Well done Stu and well deserved beautiful job!

Bulldog Bri

Well done on first time. :P Should be ready for Stoneleigh now. ::)

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Big congrats Stu, major relief I bet!!

fidodido

Thanks to you all got some bits to do yet lol then will be on the road so watch out lol be good to get to some meets in my car don't look as good as the pics though

'The Gaffer'

First time, thats pretty rare from what I can see 8)

fidodido

Year first timer all thanks to damos helping

damouk

More like my constant "should to that for the iva" comments lol