News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

LED rear cluster upgrade

Started by Sparky3000, 08, March, 2016, 09:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky3000

Still not quite got the engine purring yet but got sick of looking at the huge cheese blocks on the rear

Facial Hair Optional

Excellent Sparky! Where did you get the new ones from?

benchmark51

You've seen them before. I have them on Ratbag. Completely sealed and waterproof and about an inch deep. Got mine on ebay from a trailer store, less than £20 a pair. Had them for 2 years now, no problems at all.

Here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-12V-Rear-Stop-LED-Lights-Tail-Indicator-Lamp-Trailer-Truck-Tipper-Van-/271640424393?hash=item3f3f07efc9:g:7y4AAOSwjVVVnPIE

Sparky3000

These are very slim & nearly flush to bodywork.

They appear a slightly different design to yours but more or less same effect

http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/slimline-led-rectangular-all-in-one-rear-lamp-with-built-in-reflector

Facial Hair Optional

Although I will be selling my lush little Tiger fitting these would solve the problem of the rear of the bulb holder on the LHS impinging on the tyre when a passenger is aboard and over heavy bumps so I may fit them anyway.

I forgot you had a very similar recent addition to Ratbag Dave!

Carbuilder Solutions also sell them on ebay.

Cheers lads.

Chaz

Very nice too. I also have massive back clusters, which when said out loud sounds rude.
Anyway, did you have to fit resisters for the indicators to work, or is it all contained in the unit(s)?
Cheers.

benchmark51

The standard flasher unit made the flasher action too fast, so I got another flasher unit and all was ok.  The front flashers are also leds. I think it was a motorbike one I used. I didn't want to faf about with resistors. :D

Chaz

Quote from: benchmark51 on 09, March, 2016, 02:09:16 PM
The standard flasher unit made the flasher action too fast, so I got another flasher unit and all was ok.  The front flashers are also leds. I think it was a motorbike one I used. I didn't want to faf about with resistors. :D
Cheers, I thought that would be the case. I think I may have a go at it.

benchmark51

The led flasher units are easily available on ebay. Make sure the connections are right as they vary in polarity.

Chaz

Quote from: benchmark51 on 09, March, 2016, 04:32:12 PM
The led flasher units are easily available on ebay. Make sure the connections are right as they vary in polarity.
Right you are. Thanks.

damouk

I have one that came off of the v- Storm going spare.

Chaz

Quote from: damouk on 09, March, 2016, 04:37:01 PM
I have one that came off of the v- Storm going spare.
Cheers, I'll have to check out the relay that's fitted and see how it's configured.