News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Broken down Rush guy saying hello

Started by gingerpaul, 26, June, 2009, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingerpaul

Hi all. I met G & Toniq yesterday when my Rush decided it didn't want to use the clutch any more. I don't live that close to Bristol but I'll keep my eye on here as I do have some friends fairly nearby.

This is what my car looks like when it's working.

glosjammer

Hey welcome - what was the problem in the end? Nice car BTW

Quote from: gingerpaul on 26, June, 2009, 01:31:21 PM
Hi all. I met G & Toniq yesterday when my Rush decided it didn't want to use the clutch any more. I don't live that close to Bristol but I'll keep my eye on here as I do have some friends fairly nearby.

This is what my car looks like when it's working.

Richard

Welcome, keep an eye out, you never know even remotely this may have a use at some point for you.

btw - Nice looking beastie  !

gingerpaul

Hopefully I've fixed it now. The clutch pedal had far too much travel and was popping the clutch release fork off the spring that holds it on. The spring was also not holding the fork on too hard. A combination of these meant that the fork comes off the release bearing housing meaning that you couldn't disengage the clutch.

The spring has now been tightened and the clutch pedal has been set up properly. It's just a case of using it now and seeing whether it happens again unfortunately. It first happened in France 2 weeks ago and was a roadside repair and has taken 1000 miles to reoccur so hopefully if it does happen again fingers crossed I'm close to home again!

'The Gaffer'

Hey Paul, welcome to the club, seems our theory about pedal travel held some merit.

Glad its sorted, and nice to meet you. Perhaps next time we meet, it will be under more sedate circumstances.

All the best.

Phil.

David H

gingerpaul

Quote from: David H on 26, June, 2009, 10:22:26 PM
welcome. love the car.

Thank you. It's been great so far. This has been the only reliability hurdle so far, touch wood!  :)