News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello

Started by Christian, 10, April, 2009, 10:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christian

Hi All,

Just come across your website, it looks great and I'm sure it will be a great resource for all kitcar owners in Bristol  and further a field  ;D

I found the site whilst looking through the stats on the Cornish Se7ens site and notice I had a link from here.  I'll get your link up on Cornish Se7ens in a bit  :)

I started up Cornish Se7ens last year with the same aims as you, to meet up with like minded people and enjoy our cars.  It took a couple of months to get going but it's been fun setting it up and watching it grow.  I've met some great people and we've had some great blats and a lot of fun. 

Maybe one day we'll meet up for a blat, anyone going to Stoneleigh this year?

Cheers
Christian

'The Gaffer'

Hi there Christian.

Yes thanks for the link and the compliment :) , I was going to contact you guys just to make you aware of our existence.

At present there is nothing in Bristol or around, so hopefully Kit Car owners will gradually find us.

It would be nice to have the South West Covered, us up here, Apple County in the middle, and you guys down there.

I'm pleased your club has expanded, it must be great to see it grow.

Yes I am hoping to get up to Stonleigh.

Thanks again the the support, and look forward to catching up with you one day.

Lowdown

Hello Christian.

Nice to see another member. Perhaps we will all meet up one day  :)

Christian

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, maybe catch up with you at Stoneleigh?  I'll be going up on the Sunday in my tintop, my wife has just started making tonnoeau covers, headlight covers, and other soft bits for kitcars so want's to measure up as many cars as possible.  But I'll be around the Lotus Seven Club stand.  I'll be easy to spot, I'll have Cornish Se7ens embroidered on my back  :D

On another subject....  last year I tried to get a gathering up at the Haynes museum in Sparkford for a "trackday" on their little track, but it never happened.  I've had requests this year to try and do it again.  You can hire the track for the day at a reasonable cost and if I recall correctly you needed at least six cars to make it worth while.  Would you guys be interested in that?

Cheers
Christian

'The Gaffer'

Hey Christian.

I will look out for you at Stoneleigh all being well.

Who knows, I might even have a Bristol Kit Car Club accessory range by then lol  ;D.

The track at Haynes sounds a great idea, it is quite small, have you seen it?

Pencil me in though.

Still waiting for a few more members to join up here, and if they do, I will send out a newsletter about it.

Christian

Hi G & Toniq,

To get local members I carry business cards with me with the website address on.  If I see a seven parked up I drop a card in the cockpit.  I also got a couple of small banners made up wit the website address on, to strap to the rollbar when we park up at a blat.  I've found a few new members through that.

If you want any embroidery done check out www.l-s-d.co.uk. Lesley (my wife) is trying to cater for the small club, so no setup fees or minimum orders required.

Yes I've seen the haynes "track" it is tiny, so only one car allowed on the track at a time, but the Ariel Atom club go there yearly so it should be good for a laugh.

Not sure if your interested but there's an airfield day on the 29th of July at Colerne nr Bath I'm going to do, there's going to be a few seven's going, details here: http://www.motorsport-events.com/

Cheers
Christian

'The Gaffer'

Thanks for the advice Christian.

Its very early days for this site, and I guess the 'season' for a lot of people is just beginning to start.

I like your idea about cards and banner.

I will also get in touch about some embroidery. Could I just have one made for me?

Christian

Hi G & Toniq,

Yep no problems just getting one item done.

Cheers
Christian

'The Gaffer'

Nice one  ;D

Let me get this site finished first, and I'll be in touch.

PS, I will put a link up to your wifes business too if you like?

Phil.

Christian

Quote from: G & Toniq on 13, April, 2009, 12:22:36 PM
PS, I will put a link up to your wifes business too if you like?

Phil.

Hi Phil,
That's damn decent of you mate  :)

Cheers
Christian

Speedy J

Hi Christian.

Nice of you to pop in and see us. I'm G & Toniqs other half  ;D

Speedy  :)

Christian

Hi Speedy

Thanks for the welcome, maybe see you at Stoneleigh.

Cheers
Christian

Dixie

Quote from: Christian on 11, April, 2009, 10:14:49 PM
Hi G & Toniq,

To get local members I carry business cards with me with the website address on.  If I see a seven parked up I drop a card in the cockpit.  I also got a couple of small banners made up wit the website address on, to strap to the rollbar when we park up at a blat.  I've found a few new members through that.

If you want any embroidery done check out www.l-s-d.co.uk. Lesley (my wife) is trying to cater for the small club, so no setup fees or minimum orders required.

Yes I've seen the haynes "track" it is tiny, so only one car allowed on the track at a time, but the Ariel Atom club go there yearly so it should be good for a laugh.

Not sure if your interested but there's an airfield day on the 29th of July at Colerne nr Bath I'm going to do, there's going to be a few seven's going, details here: http://www.motorsport-events.com/

Cheers
Christian

I would like to take my Cobra.  Never taken it on a track before.