News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New Here, Building a Tiger Avon

Started by criddy, 18, February, 2010, 06:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

criddy

Hi Guys,
             I've started slowly but surely building a Tiger Avon. I've had a few set backs so far and a few more to overcome (most of which are related to my unusual engine choice). Before being asked I've opted for the Ford Puma 1.7. Its 100% alloy so very light compared to the standard Zetec's and Duratecs. The engine was fully designed by Yamaha, and has a high rev limit. The engine also has a V-Tec type system in it and can easily be increased in power from its standard 130bhp.

I've decided that my colour scheme will be Orange with Carbon Fibre trim.

Despite the possible sound of an expensive build, this is being built to a budget.

Most parts have been bought 2nd hand, on that note if anyone has any parts that may suit my build to get rid of please let me know

PhilW

Welcome to the club, interesting engine choice, what gearbox are you using, T9 or mt75? btw the Duratec is all alloy aswell

'The Gaffer'

Hi there Criddy and a warm welcome to the club.

Keep us posted with your build and please feel free to post some pics up. If you get stuck, someone on here will come to the rescue.

Phil.

YellaBelly

Hello and welcome.

Get those pictures up on the gallery :D

JB

Bulldog Bri

Hello and welcome.

Good luck with the build too.

All pics welcome.

8)

dave_bence

criddy

PhilW

The engine choice is unusual yes, also has exhaust on drivers side which I preferred. I'm using the type 9 Gearbox which will be coupled to my LSD and independent rear sus. No live axle

gingerpaul

Hiya! Nice to see someone doing something a bit different.  :)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Welcome Criddy, your build sounds interesting

criddy

Thanks Wursel, just wanted to push the boudaries slightly. Not found another one running this engine. There is prob a good reason for that, like the custom bell housing I've had to get to mate the Type 9 box to the engine.

paintman

Welcome Criddy.      Hope to see you on the road in the Spring or Summer.

When are you hoping to finish it?   

criddy

Prob be finished by Dec this year unless I can sell my other car first

Richard

Warm welcome and quite probably an interesting choice to build, could quite well be a super combination.

Come along to the odd meet even before completing the build.

David H