News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

First post, Hello All

Started by yogibear, 01, July, 2010, 02:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yogibear

This is my first post so Hello All, nice to be here and surprised to find you are so local to me (I live just outside Bath).  I am planning a kit car build, either a Westfield SE or an MK Indy, the deciding factors will be budget and room for me - as I am 6ft 4". Any advice on how roomy these are for the taller driver would be much appreciated. I am hoping to drive up to Birmingham and sit in a Westfield next  week ;D, can anyone tell me the difference between a Westfield and an Indy where interior space is concerned? Many thanks.

Psymon

Hello YogiBear,

Welcome to the club.

At you`re height you might find it a bit tight in a westy even in a widebody version, not sure on the MK though sry.
Myself i am just short of 6.6" so i opted for the Luego Viento well built machine with plenty of room for me an the passenger.
You might like to pop alone to the next BKCC meet and try some on for size.

Cheers Si...

'Mendip Wurzel'

Hi Yogibear, Welcome to the club. I agree with the Luego Viento suggestion..... lots or space.

Bulldog Bri

Hello and welcome to the club

As already suggested, a good idea would be to come along to one of the meetings and try a few cars for size.

8)

yogibear

Thanks for your help guys, I thought I had it narrowed down to two. ;) I'm definitely going to be at the next meeting.
Yogi

Mark G

Welcome to the club.
I'm 6ft and have an Indy, I have around an inch to spare behind my seat. I have a full cage which takes up a little room where my right knee would go. With a cage I think you'd fit but may be Squeeze. Wihout a cage you should fit fine.

If you request it when ordering your chassis i think Mk can put extra length in the centre cockpit section.

Daley Down Under

Hi and welcome to the Club.  Choices, choices - nice dilemma to have though.

Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Hi there and a warm welcome to the club.

I am just over 6ft and a Westy is a no go, way too short for me. Stupid really as I'm sure they would sell more cars if they had a 'tall' version as well as wide.

As mentioned above the Luego Viento is the only kit I know of designed for tall drivers.

Richard

GKD Legend will fit 6'4" with 33" inside leg  the Legend 6 is a bit bigger again and size 13's fit fine in the Legend 6.

Have a look if you need a slightly bigger one.

yogibear

BMW donor, very interesting, and GKD is another kit car I have not heard of before. Out of interest have any of you any experience of the Marlin 5EXi? It's not what I was originally looking for and the "beyond 6' 4" / 13 stone, space will seem limited" does concern me, any reason for the 13 stone limit? ;)

Bulldog Bri

Yep, we've got a Marlin 5exi in the club. That'll be Krazyken's car. have a look through the gallery you'll se it there  ;D

8)

peetee

Hi there and welcome, I'm 6'3" and have a MAC#1 9R worx. Not only do I fit fine I even have the seat forward a bit! It's a westy/MK Indy type, but IMO better looking  ;D Welcome to have a sit in the next meet I get to. Cheers, Pete

dave_bence

Denzle

Hi, and welcome to a great club.

Its a pitty your not like me.   Short...Fat...with hairy legs.   I fit in all the cars, but have probs reaching the pedals.

Is that what they call the long and the short of it.?

And I bet you think Im joking dont you.!

Denzle.

paintman

Welcome to the club.     Don't even think about a Hood s7 like mine.     G&T sat in mine and we had to get a Sparrows crane to get him out!!!!! ;D ;D