News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

triumph spitfire

Started by bluehornetrider, 17, September, 2012, 12:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

I ordered the fan belt for our 1500 midget (same engine as the spit') and although I thought it was too small to start with, it was just a little difficult to fit. I put it on the bottom pulley and the alternator, then just 'encouraged' it over the water pump pulley as I turned the engine by hand. Worked fine, just took a little effort.

I'm sure after a couple of hundred miles it will have stretched a fair bit as it settles in and need re-adjusting.

HTH

JB

bluehornetrider

okay thanks for that I have ordered another as it was only 3 quid but will try again later. 

I'm still waiting for my welding and painting to be done, at the moment all the tradesmen I ask to do work fail to show up, it's as if they don't want my money. ???

fullpint

Must be using the wrong people  ;D ;D
Shame I don't have a welder at my works mate. I believe in offering a good service. Even if a customer tells me no rush I will still crack on with there work. Hope they change there mind and take on your work. If they don't look elsewhere. Plenty of people out there who will take your money.
Sorted out your pc yet so you post some pics?

bluehornetrider

I've ordered a new HDD so when that arrives I'll try again.

Bulldog Bri

Any progress on this one?

8)

bluehornetrider

All gone a bit cold with it as I'm sorting the porsche out that I can drive and enjoy.  As soon as that's okay I will get the spitfire sorted out so that the wife can drive it