+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Rolling road - 192bhp

Started by alastair, 12, September, 2014, 10:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alastair

The mini hasn't been running smothly lately so I decided to send it to interpro at Thornbury to get it tuned up on the rolling road as I had checked and adjusted many different settings on the carb/engine to no avail.
The mini had been running really lean when on boost but now it runs perfectly thanks to dave at interpro.
He used to tune up metro turbos back so was the perfect guy for the job.
Anyway, whilst it was on the rollers dave set my turbo so I could use two boost settings, one at 0.5 bar of voost and one at 0.9 bar of boost. The high boost setting produced 192bhp  :D and showed a top speed of 136mph. Im immensely happy about these figures as you can guess. It is also great to have the mini back on the road and running really well.

Lucky Ed

Great figures Alastair, you must be really chuffed with the results.

Dave certainly knows his stuff 8)

Daley Down Under

Al - terrific result.  At 192bhp, you'll have to watch the diff internals  :D

Cheers Adrian

Hairy Santa

Wow, that's impressive Al

you watch you don't go into orbit  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Just remind me what engine is in there. :o I knew your car was always a quick un, but that's crazy numbers in a Mini! :P

8)

paintman

Amazing result.....thou I wouldn't fancy doing speeds like that in a Mini!! ::) ;) ;)

Moleman

Nice one mate. Finally back on the road now & running great. When we going to see it next then?  :D

'The Gaffer'

Nice result. Just goes to show what a decent set up can do 8)

Iancider

I am going to see him next week but I will not be getting that kind of result - well done!

alastair

Thanks guys, it turns out its 266bhp per tonne. 
Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 12, September, 2014, 11:01:28 PM
Just remind me what engine is in there. :o I knew your car was always a quick un, but that's crazy numbers in a Mini! :P

8)
Basically its a 1.3 metro turbo engine. It has a reconditioned garret t3 turbo a modified turbo head and quite a few other bits and bobs.
Quote from: Moleman on 12, September, 2014, 11:37:39 PM
Nice one mate. Finally back on the road now & running great. When we going to see it next then?  :D
Now its running well im gona try to use it as much as I can so im sure ill catch up with you guys soon, although I dont think I can make the classic car show tomorrow. Have a great day though!