+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

gear manufacturers?

Started by alastair, 21, November, 2014, 07:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alastair

Hi guys, as some of you may be aware I stripped the teeth from a couple of gears last month and I need to get the box fixed. :(
Can any body recommend a gear manufacturing company who can make bespoke straight cut gears?  ;D
The gears which broke on me were standard mini turbo gears but as this is the second time these type of gears have broke I need to get some stronger ones which can withstand higher amounts of torque.
I have run straight cuts in the past which seemed to cope but the ones on the market are all close ratio and this means I either have to limit my top speed or make pulling away in 1st gear feel like pulling away in 2nd or 3rd.
I need to get some straight cut gear made but using the standard metro turbo gear ratios.
Can anybody help please?
Here's a picture of the gears which broke:

Camber Dave

Hi Alistair

Try http://www.llewellins.co.uk/

Never used them but they have been in Kings square for decades.

Dave

'The Gaffer'

Those gears are a mess :o

Hope you get it sorted, you have not had much luck with that gearbox mate, does it need an upgrade or something to handle the power?

alastair

Thanks dave. I've emailed them so will wait to see what they say.
The gears just won't take the power Phil. I need straight cuts which can hopefully then take the high amount of torque.....fingers crossed.

Moleman

Hairy Santa

Hi Mate what were you actually doing when that went

what gear, speed , throttle ?

I know it wasn't 4th