Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

I think I have lost it!

Started by Crunchie Gears, 27, October, 2015, 10:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crunchie Gears

I have just placed an order for a new Morgan +8 :D

I have a build date of next August.  Morgan are getting short of BMW 4.8 V8s and so it will be one of the last V8 Morgans as once the engines are gone that will be it.  They will start using the newer M3 turbo engines.  Not bad engines but the V8 with side pipes sounds like Valhalla in a tunnel :P :-*

The plus 8 is on the new Aero chassis with a trad body.  I have not speced the car yet but will go for red, flappy paddles, Tillet seats, rust leather and mohair hood.

Unfortunately, I will have to sell everything, but the Ultima, to afford it. :(

That said I am very excited as I have wanted one for sometime!  It took a while to get it passed by head office and some serious man maths. :-X

benchmark51

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 27, October, 2015, 10:37:14 PM
I have just placed an order for a new Morgan +8 :D

I have a build date of next August.  Morgan are getting short of BMW 4.8 V8s and so it will be one of the last V8 Morgans as once the engines are gone that will be it.  They will start using the newer M3 turbo engines.  Not bad engines but the V8 with side pipes sounds like Valhalla in a tunnel :P :-*

The plus 8 is on the new Aero chassis with a trad body.  I have not speced the car yet but will go for red, flappy paddles, Tillet seats, rust leather and mohair hood.

Unfortunately, I will have to sell everything, but the Ultima, to afford it. :(

That said I am very excited as I have wanted one for sometime!  It took a while to get it passed by head office and some serious man maths. :-X
............and lots of noo shoos ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: benchmark51 on 27, October, 2015, 11:10:45 PM

And handbags, and jewellery, and clothes, and nails, and romantic Michelin star meals, and holidays, and ......... lots of :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

benchmark51

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 28, October, 2015, 08:58:27 AM
Quote from: benchmark51 on 27, October, 2015, 11:10:45 PM

And handbags, and jewellery, and clothes, and nails, and romantic Michelin star meals, and holidays, and ......... lots of :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Steady on, don't go giving the Memsahibs ideas or all the webbed up members will end up on pushbikes

Moleman

Crunchie Gears

Funny you guys .

Head Office has a shopping list but I do not mind  :D. The calls on my time for jobs is different :'(

Facial Hair Optional

Have you guys ever considered relocating your head offices? Or closing them down altogther? I relocated mine a long time ago to the Outer Hebrides, found it to be too costly, high maintenance with dated decor and slow to grant permission for every little thing I wanted to do.

I prefer to use a nice hotel conference room or office suite as and when I need one. They tend to be very well furnished, up to date, much less costly, fresher, brighter and I can change them for a newer build as and when I need to!! They are also very flexible  ;D :o :P comes in very handy at times and am I not limited to (by definition) one head office but can have multiple office suites if needed.

I am of course kidding you. Or am I?  ;D

Gary RH7

My third, yes third, was in Barbados and very expensive hence had to leave it. My fourth was in Brazil but moved the contents to UK and am very happy now with two offshoots 8)

Facial Hair Optional