News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Kitcar first start!

Started by Eternal, 06, May, 2013, 04:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal

Well guys i have been very quiet recently have been getting my head around all the wiring diagrams for the Skyline lump. But I'm happy to say that i have managed to get the engine started! I have to thanks aliwizard for all the help with the welding of the plenum without your help i would not have been able to get it running so big thanks! Btw i will have some more bits for you to do soon if you are up for it? :D

Anyhow turns out from the 120 wire ecu plug and 2x 48 wire dash plugs i only need to connect 3 to get the ecu working. I have a love hate relationship with the Japanese designers of this engine.

Shame there is now way to embed the vid into the forum thread. Anyhow here is a link

Eternal

LOL thats clever it did it by itself.  :o

Oh also i think it was worth missing Stoneleigh to get it started but with any luck will be diving there next year!

fullpint

8) Nice one mate. Bet you were over moon to hear it after 2 years of hard word.
Will it be ready for this year?

robp

Great news!  8)
It's always a satisfying milestone on the build when the engine is fired up for the first time.

Lucky Ed

Wow - thats going to be a bit of a beast when you get it finished.

Well done on sorting out the wiring, it must have been a nightmare 8)

YellaBelly

Congrats :D

As already said, it's a BIG milestone getting the car running.

Is it a  scratch-build BTW? Just interested to see how many there are in the club. I know Rosco, Bulldog Bri and me have all done scrath locosts, not sure who else has though.

Well done anyway, be good to see it in the flesh (and hear it  8) ) I've always been a Skyline fan;)

JB

Bulldog Bri

Always a big grin time when the engine first starts. Well done.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Eternal on 06, May, 2013, 04:34:03 PM
LOL thats clever it did it by itself.  :o

Clever forum this isn't it :)

Well done getting the engine started.