Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

just been laid off :(

Started by chrislandy, 12, February, 2013, 09:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrislandy

Hey, just been laid off

So... if anyone needs a Structural Engineer, plan drawer or drafting work... I'm sure I can become the the BKCC resident engineer....

Chris

stupott901

thats not good hope you find a new job soon,

Moleman

I will keep you in mind. I deal with alot of people in the building trade. 
Hope you it's only very short term for you mate.

Grin-a-lot

Really sorry to hear that, fingers crossed you'll find something soon!

paintman

Bummer......sorry to here the news Chris.

It's hard out-there at the moment and the recession certainly doesn't seam to be easing at all.

Sure your find something soon.

Atb

'The Gaffer'

Really sorry to hear that. Hope you find somthing eslse soon.

Is there any market for consultancy on a self employed basis?

Hairy Santa

Sorry to hear that news

lets hope you fall into something fairly soon, you never know could end up being a good move 

fullpint

:( not good Chris. I went through that n 2009.
Lets hope some thing comes up for you asap.

YellaBelly

Sorry to hear that mate, let's keep our fingers crossed something comes up soon. Like Pete said, might be to move to bigger and better things you never know ;)

Krazyken

Chris

PM me with your contact details, my wife works in recruitment for Atkins, I will pass your details on.

chrislandy

Thanks everyone, Ken, an email will be winging it's way a bit later :)

Been toying with going self employed/contract (used to be 7 years ago but as a drafty rather than an engineer)

'Mendip Wurzel'

I was made redundant 3 months ago and as it has now turned out it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I just hope things work out well for you....

I also work in the construction industry.

Bulldog Bri

Bad luck mate and good luck in finding a new one.

8)

chrislandy

Been a bit quiet recently, I've set up as as Ltd Company (Fully PII'd with plans to expand!) I've already got a drafty on tap so things seem to be going OK (but could always do with more work!).

If anyone needs a Civil or Structural Engineer for anything from a single beam to a 30 plot housing development (or even planning / Building Control drawings) then give me a shout.

Works been rather varied in the last 2 months, designed 2 bridges, 1.5km of retaining walls, condition reports on a few schools and a number of nice houses :)

Have car and calculator... will travel :)

Chris

YellaBelly

Good on you Chris! Let's hope things pick up for you ;)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: chrislandy on 23, May, 2013, 11:23:11 PM
Been a bit quiet recently, I've set up as as Ltd Company (Fully PII'd with plans to expand!) I've already got a drafty on tap so things seem to be going OK (but could always do with more work!).

If anyone needs a Civil or Structural Engineer for anything from a single beam to a 30 plot housing development (or even planning / Building Control drawings) then give me a shout.

Works been rather varied in the last 2 months, designed 2 bridges, 1.5km of retaining walls, condition reports on a few schools and a number of nice houses :)

Have car and calculator... will travel :)

Chris

Well done.

Cant beat working for yourself, no one to mess your life up or tell you what to do. Good luck with the new venture.

If you have a website / logo I would be happy to post a link on the forum.

chrislandy

Thanks for the offer, I'll most definately take you up on that :)

The website is "in progress" at the moment, secured the domain name, email etc... just waiting on the web designer to come back to me with some ideas.

Chris (of Delta Vector Engineering Ltd - Consulting Structural Engineers) ;)