News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Another British wheel manufacture goes under!

Started by fullpint, 19, September, 2013, 06:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

:o I see Compomotive have gone under! They were very much like the old Dymag. Good products but dated workshop.
My mate went up today to take a look and said it reminded him of when Dymag went under in Nov 2009. Guy's overalls just left by the machines. He reckons stuff will be sold of cheap!! That's exactly what happened to us. If only I knew at the time that I was going into business. I would of purchased all the powder coat stuff.. I may take a drive up if I can't find the auction for it...

benchmark51

Slightly off subject but I saw a sump for sale on ebay that had been powder coated. It was for a V8 I think, but the powder coating was a chrome effect. Not a mirror finish like chrome plating, but thought it might be nice on wishbones. Do you do that?
Dave

fullpint

Dave. Interpon do a powder like that but its bloody expensive. Also need there clear coat
to go on top.. At a guess a box of chrome powder will cost me £400!!!

'The Gaffer'

Can't beat an insolvency sale mate, get in there quick and check the stock and make an offer. Saves the liquidators a lot of time and hassle.

Shame about the employees though.

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: fullpint on 19, September, 2013, 09:47:42 PM
Dave. Interpon do a powder like that but its bloody expensive. Also need there clear coat
to go on top.. At a guess a box of chrome powder will cost me £400!!!

You'd get your money back on that though, wouldn't you? Half the club would be ripping off bits to get " ;) CHROMED ;)" Lol  ;D

8)

chrislandy

From another forum (uphillracers) apparently they've done this before and intend to re-surface in 2014 under a different company but trade under the same name

fullpint

Yep been there  :( :( :(
Competition Wheels Ltd changed to Dymag Eng then Dymag Racing, Dymag Wheels and then Dymag Racing Uk Ltd. And now its CSA Performance wheels trading as Dymag..
It's all wrong. The people who lose out are the workers and suppliers all the time.
I did ask if they had any stock on 13" wheels. Had one reply but not heard any thing else since...