+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

What did you do with 2 sunny days.

Started by Moleman, 22, June, 2014, 05:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

Did anyone get up to much with one of the best weekends for weather so far?  8)
I had to work Saturday & Had a family thing on today at Portishead but at least that was by the lake so took the westy there. Had to avoid the unmarked speed bumps so parked in the cricket area. It was a good day even saw a brand new Morgan which was very nice.

What about you guys? :)

peterw

Bulldog Bri

just up in the garage fitting a few more bits on the 7, thanks to Ian again for the help with the immobiliser. And Lazed for the rest of it :P

8)

WALNUT

Went for a run every day last week I also went to Portishead on Sat. and just a runabout today, my fuel bill is a bit high this week.

benchmark51

Done a bit of running around, clearing stuff from my 'soon to be gone' garage. Braved Asda, cooked dinner, ate it and somehow survived. Gonna get a wench to do all that one day. :o Yeah right!!! To young for all that melarkey. ;D Going to buy the steel to start making the frame for Ratbag's cover tomorrow. Dunno what to cover it with, steel or fibreglass. Maybe both.

Iancider

Wifey and myself had a grand day out on Sunday

Left at 5:45, beach for breakfast at 8:00, hot by 9:00, stayed hot - Scorchio!.  And of course 250 miles of spirited driving in the sun. Home for cold beer and a barbie.  Perfecto!

Moleman

5.45! where did you go that early on a Sunday morning?

robp

Quote from: Iancider on 23, June, 2014, 10:51:08 PM

Left at 5:45.....

Wow, must have been great.  The roads must have been deserted.

Iancider

Answering both questions:

It was brilliant and I think we encountered only three cars in the first hour.  We went to Studland - the best beach in England - 3 miles of pure white sand - part of a stretch of beach from Christchurch, Bournemouth's five beaches, via Poole to Durdle Door.  And you drive past the spectacular ruins of Corfe Castle - well worth a visit in it own right.

Regards
Ian

garry h

Spent the last few days working trying to get house ready for selling but did manage to get other halfs morris minor van running  :D :D.
Got clutch problems with Betsy so no enjoymet for me im afraid  :(
On the plus side looking forward to Goodwood this weekend although weather not looking to good.

Moleman

I hope the weather holds out for you mate.  :)

benchmark51

I noticed on another forum that the weather is due to worsten. :'( :'(
Due to a sorry arsed shower arriving from Brazil by the week-end.  ;D ;D

Pilgrim Anna

I had a couple of little shifts over the weekend. Also bribed one of our dogs to let us use clippers on his fur. Clippers broke so Micky only half cut ;D. LOL .
Went to Avon valley again on Sunday with my boy. :D

Moleman

You should have taken a picture of a half shaven Micky.  8)

paintman

Did not get up till late Sunday but me and the wife jumped.....ok climbed in the Hood and aimed for the coast.

Stopped for a drink and lunch at a pub on the way down and ended up down on the Chesil Beach round the corner from Weymouth.

Went back via West Bay where we stopped for fish and chips at the harbour side and a couple of pints at a pub......the
wife drove home, that's why I needed the extra pint!! ;D ;D   Sorry Sue. :-*

Moleman

Sounds good fun mate. I hope she drove it fast as drinking that much at your age you would need a lot of wee stops on the way back. :P

paintman

Quote from: Moleman on 26, June, 2014, 08:56:41 PM
Sounds good fun mate. I hope she drove it fast as drinking that much at your age you would need a lot of wee stops on the way back. :P

I think she hit 60mph at one point......in 5th....lol ;D ;D

Bulldog Bri

Bet you used less fuel getting home then! ;D

8)