News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Wedding Bulldogs!

Started by Pilgrim Anna, 14, August, 2014, 05:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim Anna

Hi Everyone,
                            I need some advise. I was out for a family lunch and had gone over the time in my parking space. Only by 15 mins. As I approached my car I saw a piece of paper in the window. Oh no I thought it was a parking ticket. :o To my surprise it was a very neatly and polite hand written note asking if I would hire my car out for someones wedding! How nice ;D. I would love to do this but I have no idea how much to charge as I have never been asked before.
Its in North Somerset also. So has anyone got any ideas of quotes??? ;). Would appreciate any feedback.

WALNUT

I would be careful, your car is prob, not insured for hire. There are ways around this, like saying you are doing it free for a friend. but make sure you get your money upfront, because you wont have a leg to stand on if they don't pay. 

benchmark51

You could ask a taxi firm what they charge, just to get an idea and then negotiate with the victims. ;D ;D

It's funny 'cos I thought of hiring Ratbag as a grooms getaway car.  ;D

Camber Dave

Hi Anna

I have a customer that does this
I will see him on Sat and will ask a question or two

Dave

dave_bence

Quote from: WALNUT on 14, August, 2014, 05:42:59 PM
I would be careful, your car is prob, not insured for hire. There are ways around this, like saying you are doing it free for a friend. but make sure you get your money upfront, because you wont have a leg to stand on if they don't pay.

Hi Anna,

Like Walnut says, be very careful with the insurance side of this. Most private car policies exclude "for hire or reward" use. A friend of mine fell foul of this a few years ago.

Moleman

Quote from: benchmark51 on 14, August, 2014, 05:46:00 PM

I then can be hired out also for that day as the brides recovery car for chancing you down & bringing him back.  :P :P :P ;D ;D

WALNUT

I cant do weddings only got two seats, but I can do a good divorce.

YellaBelly

Could be on to a winner there guys :D

benchmark51

Quote from: Moleman on 14, August, 2014, 07:05:00 PM
Quote from: benchmark51 on 14, August, 2014, 05:46:00 PM

I then can be hired out also for that day as the brides recovery car for chancing you down & bringing him back.  :P :P :P ;D ;D

No chance I got a secret weapon, cones!! ;D

Pilgrim Anna

Thanks for all your advise.  ;)

Moleman

Benchmark51 = You don't need cones, get the groom to pay me off when I catch you & we can go half's on the extra dosh when you drop him off.  8)

CC Cyclone

Quote from: WALNUT on 14, August, 2014, 07:50:56 PM

You are onto a winner there.  ;)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: WALNUT on 14, August, 2014, 07:50:56 PM

:)) :)) Clever that, well done.

Anna, I'd agree with everyone else re insurance.

benchmark51

What if you were invited to the wedding as a guest, with official invite to the ceremony and reception.
If your friend was getting married, you could use your car to take her.

Pilgrim Anna

Yes exactly Dave, theres ways around this. ;) I will be careful. thanks guys for all your help!

Camber Dave

Quote from: Camber Dave on 14, August, 2014, 06:34:23 PM
Hi Anna

I have a customer that does this
I will see him on Sat and will ask a question or two

Dave

I had a word with my customer over the weekend. He is with the Mustang club and they run a national website to make their cars available for hire. Originally he had to have a clause added to his policy. This cost him £250 for up to 15 weddings a year.  Now a different company now allows him to ring and book each outing for £25.

So ring your broker.

His other car is a Chrysler (Bentley lookalike) that is covered on his Company policy as it is for light business use like meeting clients and carrying samples. The broker added a rider in his policy.

garry h

Whatever you do its nice to be asked to be part of their special day well done you  :) :)