Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

A video worth watching

Started by Bulldog Bri, 10, October, 2014, 11:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

'Mendip Wurzel'

Never a truer word spoken, and not helped by George Ferguson the Mayor of Bristol who seems to have no understanding of the public and commercial needs of the City.

SPAXIMUS

The Mayor has no cares about the city in many ways. He is hell bent on turning the city into some sort of playground where everyone walks or cycles. Some business have already seen this and have moved. When it was announced that they were going to go for work place parking charges, Newport Council leader was contacting business offering grants to move and an assurance their would be no such scheme in Newport. Some went, cannot blame them.
If he watches that video he will wet himself as that is exactly what he is aiming for to make it so difficult for cars that we stop using them.
I live in Yate so have no vote but just how bad were his opponents?

Iancider

This is a very fairly put video and states it as it is. 

I now find the centre of Bristol to be a very dangerous place to drive.  I am getting to know where cyclists will appear from nowhere and where they will cycle against the traffic flow but the sheer excess of signs and road markings is just overwhelming.  How many times do we have to find we are looking are the wrong traffic light on Green before we jump the nearer Red one?  Transport costs in Bristol - only one expression Rip-off!  I cannot get through a day without seeing a bus performing a stupidly dangerous manouever - usually threatening to kill a cyclist sharing the bus lanes. 

John (two Jags) Prescott started this madness and decided Bristol should be the pioneer.  We need to put him on a bike and send him out in heavy traffic. 

Potholes - do nothing for 20 years then dig all of the roads up this year at the same time - NUTS!

Fair enough cut the cars IN Bristol but then we need a road round the outside and a decent free or cheap public transport system and buses that go to train stations and all of that logical stuff. 

Phew! hot under the collar - got to go an lay down now. >:(

Ian

'The Gaffer'

That video pretty much sums up the traffic situation in Bristol >:(

Pilgrim Anna

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 10, October, 2014, 11:30:35 AM
Here's a video worth watching >:(

8)
Yes Bristol is dreadful for driving!! that video should have been edited and put on the news. Something should be done. >:(

Pilgrim Anna

Well said Ian. Wish their were more sensible people like you running the council!! :)

dynamicEdd

Agree with most of what people have said here. For me, well I have been activaly taking my business trade to suppliers outside Bristol. As far ad I am concerned Bristol is a very bad joke that cost to much to use.