+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

20mph Epetition

Started by Moleman, 12, March, 2015, 09:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

I'm not sure what people think about this but there is a Epetition to scrap the 20mph speed limit in Bristol. I know a lot of times you may be lucky to do this at certain times in certain places but when there is no traffic I personally think 30mph is fine. Up to you guys if you want to sign it & if you do just click on the link, fill in the epetition & after you clicked the sumit button don't forget to click on the link on the confirmation email for it to go through. (the email does take a bit of time to come through).

http://epetitions.bristol.gov.uk/epetition_core/view/Scrap_20mph_Bristol_limit

Hairy Santa

sanzomat

Done! Its ridiculous being overtaken by cyclists when you try to stick to the limits!

Lucky Ed

Done, bonkers idea in the first place >:(

Bulldog Bri

Yep, totally agree. Driving a truck down the Gloucester Road in the eve and cyclist's undertaking and overtaking you is ridiculous. If they knew that the cars and lorries and even Buses (sometimes) were allowed to go faster then they wouldn't keep passing them on every set of lights.

20MPH on side roads where kids maybe playing but keep the arterial road moving. And bring back spending money on teaching kids how to cross the road properly, Green Cross Code and Tuffty the Squirrel ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

'Mendip Wurzel'

Iancider

Done,

I endure this most days. It is an interesting exercise to try it.  Cyclists do pass you, vans harrass you, people undertake in the bus lane and there is liberal use of two fingers and the window winder.  I have had a pedestrian step out because she thought I was stopping.  My car can do 56 mpg when cruising at 70.  In town, in second gear it does 19!  Oh yes and NONE of the buses obey it!

Ian

SPAXIMUS

The police and speed camera partnerships in Bristol,(Somerset and Avon) are really starting to ratchet up the stupidity now. It was always said the 20mph was not enforced as the cameras unless fixed were not accurate enough, well it appears they are now.
The guy in the article got done twice in two minutes by the same van after getting confused in the new section near Cribbs.

As we all know the mayor and the Police and Crime Commisoner, along with the Chief Constable, are determined to suck the life out of the city and to make cars unusable. Anyone who has not signed the petition please do so, but I suspect we are stuck with this forever.
Jeff
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-driver-booked-breaking-20mph-speed-limit/story-26398173-detail/story.html

longtimecoming

All done,  Like so many who think the whole thing is unenforceable anyway.

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-

SPAXIMUS

Quote from: longtimecoming on 07, May, 2015, 12:01:24 AM
All done,  Like so many who think the whole thing is unenforceable anyway.

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-

That is the bigger problem to be honest. Everyone was told the police could not enforce this as older cars speedometers were not accurate enough and they had not got equipment to record the speed. But now it is clear they have and they will.
If this was just on residential roads it would be mad, but to put them on main roads, which the A38 is, well that is a totally lunatic decision.
The mayor will only be happy and his cycling, green tree hugging supporters, when they have destroyed Bristols business community, banned cars completely or made them so impractical that they have no point.
They will see the ability to cycle to the tofu shop against mass unemployment in the City as a price worth paying.
The general public have sleep walked into the situation where a few vocal, well organised organisations like BRAKE, have taken over so many organisations from within and have forced things on the majority who do not want them.

Moleman

Lets hope we get more people to sign up for this?  :)