AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New Go Inspire Website. Your opinions please.

Started by 'The Gaffer', 07, June, 2015, 01:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Dear members.

I have created a website for the special build Go! Inspire project and would appreciate some feedback, good or bad, just so I know I am on the right track or not. Within reason of course as some things are just impossible to change without starting completely over or by someone else having a go.

I built the site on a hi resolution 27" iMac display using Chrome browser so it is always interesting to see if there any issues with the many other types of displays and browsers out there. It is possible that you may see different colours to me or maybe an odd layout difference somewhere so please take a quick look and let me know. The site like many others will not run on outdated or unsupported browsers.

The homepage column layout should look something like this to you. Website link http://www.goinspirenow.org

The site represents about 4 days work so far and is still a work in progress so you will see some dummy text and pics in there and I have only mentioned a few members of the team so far, nobody will be forgotten if the site gets the OK.

I welcome all your views but the website will only be live for a short while. If you don't get to see it but would like to take a look just PM me your IP address and I can show you.

Thanks and over to you Link: http://www.goinspirenow.org/

Edit: More visible website link added.

Lucky Ed

Fantastic Gaffer! - thanks for putting so much hard work, the results are superb 8)

If I were to be pedantic, maybe a larger logo on the homepage - but who am I to criticise ;)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 07, June, 2015, 02:10:08 PM
Fantastic Gaffer! - thanks for putting so much hard work, the results are superb 8)

If I were to be pedantic, maybe a larger logo on the homepage - but who am I to criticise ;)

Cheers Ed, appreciated. I am looking to get hold of a large transparent logo if possible to slip in all over the website.

Plus I should add that Ian our project manger will have final say on this but yours and other comments or suggestions are very welcome, thanks.

Quarrycars

Terrific project and a great website.
Small point - the gurned faces of 'Our Team of Experts' could be misinterpreted as mocking people with a disability.  Also typo on same page 'possibly the fist UK charity'.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Quarrycars on 07, June, 2015, 03:28:31 PM
Terrific project and a great website.
Small point - the gurned faces of 'Our Team of Experts' could be misinterpreted as mocking people with a disability.  Also typo on same page 'possibly the fist UK charity'.

Good point and totally missed on my part, pics changed (Fakes for now). Typo changed, well spotted!!

Thanks.

SPAXIMUS

A great start. What will make this a success is how many people we get looking at the site.  Also keeping it well updated as there is nothing worse than a great site but the content never changes.
The numbers who log on, will generate willing advertisers and sponsors who want to be associated with it as they can see footfall.
So the question is how do we get this moving? Kit car magazine, local press. local TV? How about getting Castle Combe onboard mentioning at meetings or even on one of their car boot days they allow various groups to man the entrance to the car park and the entry fee is donated. Local MPs and should we get a high profile person to be a Patron of the charity, someone race engineering related or Dyson? Anyone have any links to someone even Wallace and Gromit anyone who can generate column inches and people will listen to.

Just a few thoughts

Iancider

Spaximus,

You questions are answered.  Castle Combe have made us this year's sponsored charity and CKC will be coving our progress.  BBC will be covering the launch and we are likely to gain a celebrity promoter very soon.

On the 20th it would be good if people can take on tasks to go see sponsorship from some of the exhibitors and speak to the crowds.  Ali Wizard has kindly made a collection box to fit into the chassis so that people can make cash donations or pledges on the day. 

The chassis is being painted this week and we are stripping the MX5 next Saturday.  Buldog Bri is getting some poster size photo printed and of course the website is well underway.

More soon
Ian

Facial Hair Optional

That is brilliant!!!

The Inspirational Quotes transition a bit too fast to read and absorb but other than than it's pretty amazing!  8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 07, June, 2015, 10:38:03 PM
That is brilliant!!!

The Inspirational Quotes transition a bit too fast to read and absorb but other than than it's pretty amazing!  8)

Whoa there cowboy, lets not get carried away ;D Nice of you to say though.

I have slowed the quotes down.

Any more comments or suggestions from anyone?

fletch_306

It's looking very good and is also easy to read on a smartphone and tablet, which is good to see. So many big companies can't get this right I'm so glad that you have.

Thumbs up and hope to make it on Saturday.

Fletch

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fletch_306 on 08, June, 2015, 04:00:21 PM
It's looking very good and is also easy to read on a smartphone and tablet, which is good to see. So many big companies can't get this right I'm so glad that you have.

Thanks Fletch, yes it was designed to be responsive on all devices.

Any other comments or suggestions anyone?

SPAXIMUS

Quote from: Iancider on 07, June, 2015, 10:30:52 PM
Spaximus,

You questions are answered.  Castle Combe have made us this year's sponsored charity and CKC will be coving our progress.  BBC will be covering the launch and we are likely to gain a celebrity promoter very soon.

On the 20th it would be good if people can take on tasks to go see sponsorship from some of the exhibitors and speak to the crowds.  Ali Wizard has kindly made a collection box to fit into the chassis so that people can make cash donations or pledges on the day. 

The chassis is being painted this week and we are stripping the MX5 next Saturday.  Buldog Bri is getting some poster size photo printed and of course the website is well underway.

More soon
Ian

Excellent work Ian. Just another thought Facebook and Twitter? Know nothing about them other than a lot of people use them daily.

Daley Down Under

Phil - website looks great.  Not sure why (probably Aussie ADSL2+ related) but pages were slow to load this morning.  I cant think of any content that needs to be added (at page level).  How about a separate 'Sponsor Us' page or feature.  Love the shop idea.  PS: Also love the photos as placeholders for the experts.

Cheers Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Daley Down Under on 08, June, 2015, 10:31:30 PM
Phil - website looks great.  Not sure why (probably Aussie ADSL2+ related) but pages were slow to load this morning.  I cant think of any content that needs to be added (at page level).  How about a separate 'Sponsor Us' page or feature.  Love the shop idea.  PS: Also love the photos as placeholders for the experts.

Cheers Adrian

Thanks for the input Adrian.

I have built in a slow fade between page loads but could you monitor that for me? Load speed is ok here.

There is a sponsor us page, it should appear as a 2nd level menu from 'about us' page. Hopefully it will pop out for you?

Cheers.

'The Gaffer'

Daley Down Under

Phil - no problems.  I'll keep an eye on load speed.

I did the Sponsor Us tab under Our Team.  I just meant make it a separate page heading to emphasise the importance.  Happy either way.

Cheers Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Cheers Adrian.

Good point actually, you are right it is important information. I will implement that tomorrow.

Thanks.

Iancider

Phil,

I have sent you info by e-mail - great work.

Ian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Iancider on 09, June, 2015, 10:02:32 PM
Phil,

I have sent you info by e-mail - great work.

Ian

Cheers Ian. Responded to your mail in short as just got home. Seems there may have been a problem sending though?

Anyway, will get back to you tomorrow eve.

Moleman

It is looking good mate.  Can't wait to see it all done & up & running 8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Moleman on 10, June, 2015, 07:15:45 PM
It is looking good mate.  Can't wait to see it all done & up & running 8)

Cheers Colin, a few things to finalise and it will be ready :)

Bulldog Bri

Just wondering if there could be a webcam fitted up somewhere that can go live when any work is being done... ::)

8)

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 13, June, 2015, 10:40:29 AM
Just wondering if there could be a webcam fitted up somewhere that can go live when any work is being done... ::)

8)

Bri - that's a great idea.

Cheers Adrian

Daley Down Under

Or just recording all the time and then timelapse video on the website

Bulldog Bri

I have a couple of spare webcams I'm happy to donate if needed. ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

I have a plan in place, thanks for the offer of cams Bri. I also hope to do a bit of Periscoping https://www.periscope.tv/

Time lapse was taken today on Ian's go-pro Adrian so it will be interesting to see how that came out.

Daley Down Under

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 13, June, 2015, 10:36:03 PM
I have a plan in place, thanks for the offer of cams Bri. I also hope to do a bit of Periscoping https://www.periscope.tv/

Time lapse was taken today on Ian's go-pro Adrian so it will be interesting to see how that came out.

Excellent news Phil - look forward to seeing the results.

fullpint

8) Just seen you guys on the HTV news.. Awesome stuff...