News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

For Ed, Hairy Santa and the rest of the bikers amongst us!

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 10, September, 2015, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Stumbled upon a biker meeting last weekend at Cog Mill farm near Frampton Cotterell, so I went in for a nose around. I am guessing it's a regular event, at least an annual one. Might be worth a look around next time for some of you (take your Harley Pete!!!) Music, beer, food, stalls to buy stuff etc. Overnight camping most of them by the look of it.

Just thought I'd post some pics for those of you into that type of thing. I have even considered it myself though I have not ridden a bike in yonks, Suzuki 750 if I recall, no license, no helmet, no shirt, just shorts and flip-flops, South of France 1981!!! What a holiday that was! One of my mates never came home!!

Oh, to be as young and skinny as I was then! I'd post a pic of myself but I just know you lot would just take the p :o ss!!!!

Lucky Ed

Looks more like the Bath & West show to me with all those tractors :o ;D

Moleman

I saw this one at Infinity exhausts if you want to join them Ed?

Iancider

FHO,

Thanks for uploading those great pics in high res - I guess you were up all night doing that.  Some really nice bike there.

The crowd seem much like us - were fit and dynamic once and a bit grey.  And the pose is the same - three men in a half-circle looking down at the vehicle, hands tucked into tight pockets with the thumbs outside - one speaking and the other nodding agreeably.  Saying things like...

"If we didn't do things like this there would be women in our lives"  :D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 10, September, 2015, 05:35:19 PM
Looks more like the Bath & West show to me with all those tractors :o ;D
Ha ha ha! dont go saying that in a field full of hairy bikers will you Ed!!! Not much Jap stuff there I'm afraid.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 10, September, 2015, 09:24:37 PM
FHO,

Thanks for uploading those great pics in high res - I guess you were up all night doing that.  Some really nice bike there.

The crowd seem much like us - were fit and dynamic once and a bit grey.  And the pose is the same - three men in a half-circle looking down at the vehicle, hands tucked into tight pockets with the thumbs outside - one speaking and the other nodding agreeably.  Saying things like...

"If we didn't do things like this there would be women in our lives"  :D

Well I agree with the second half (men in a half-circle etc) but actually those pics were taken on a proper old style phone with a great camera (Carl Zeiss lens) an old Nokia N8 believe it or not and they all uploaded in just a few mins. Less that 3 if I recall! None of this smart phone nonsense!  ;D

sanzomat

A little bit biased towards the cruisers and choppers but I can certainly appreciate the effort and the polishing that went into them. When I felt I was getting too old for my R1 I bought a kit car rather than going down the old man's bike route.