News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Supermoon

Started by benchmark51, 27, September, 2015, 10:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary RH7

There is only you and me on the forum Dave. They must all be in bed with alarm clocks set for 01:00. ???

Saying that there are 57 guests. Wonder who they are ???

benchmark51

I got up at about 4 am. Very clear night and saw it, but not very spectacular really. A bright full moon with the earths shadow passing over it. Didn't see the m.i.l. either ;D

Facial Hair Optional

I was up!! From 2.40am until gone 5am in fact, just resisted the urge to go on the forum (for once).

Didnt have a proper camera though. I thought it was fascinating tbh. When it went to the blood moon was best. Very weird seeing a full looking moon but deep orange and not bright yellow (calm down Colin!  :P)

Won't be another til 2033 so I'm glad I saw this one.

Took a couple of pics on my camera phone but they are useless really. Did anyone get any good shots to post on here please?

benchmark51

I took a couple of pics with my phone, but not good. Need one of those David Bailey types with all good gear for that sort of thing.

YellaBelly

Dogs woke me up so thought I may as well go and have a butchers. Clear as a bell down here and because we are out in the sticks it's even better.

Certainly was weird watching it go from full-on bright to a dull orange though! You can see why they were a little spooked back in the old days  :o :D

Facial Hair Optional

They are still a little spooked these days in some parts of the west country (or so I am told!)  ;D

YellaBelly

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 28, September, 2015, 08:07:51 PM
They are still a little spooked these days in some parts of the west country (or so I am told!)  ;D

You got that right mate ;)

Uploaded a piccy from last night:

Almost forgot.........AaaaaaWooooooooooooooo!! :D

Facial Hair Optional

YellaBelly

Would have been better if I had been awake, and had a better camera :)

Moleman

I managed to zoom in a bit more & I'm now turning to the dark side.

Iancider

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 30, September, 2015, 06:18:33 PM
I managed to zoom in a bit more & I'm now turning to the dark side.

I hear Pink Floyd have got a new album out - Dark Side Of The Supermoon  :-[