AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

The BKCC Spotted Thread - Keep your peepers peeled for people peeps!!

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 16, February, 2016, 02:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah so I pinched this idea from Pistonheads- so sue me!

Spotted today around 12.30 - 1pm in Wickwar village, a lovely Ariel Atom heading towards Chipping Sodbury. Red I think, possibly with a bit of black but hard to see. I watched in my mirror as he indicated and blasted past a slower vehicle on the main country road #out of Wickwar - nice noise!

I have seen this guy before, the day we met at the Cross Hands and convoyed to somewhere near Gloucester for a meeting but I peeled off near Dursley 'cos couldn't do the whole day. I saw him 1st that day, again in Wickwar village but going in the other direction back from the Sodbury area.

Anyone know who this might be? He was masked right up today with it being so cold, I could not see his face at all! Well done on getting out though mate whoever you are!!

I am about to go and see if the Tiger will start, so may be out myself for a few miles just to blow away the illness cobwebs!

Keep your peepers peeled for people peeps!!  :)  Feel free to report any interesting sightings here  8) 8)

Facial Hair Optional

Just got back from a quick 20 miles in the Tiger - spotted a mint looking MGA in light blue on the A46 by the TNT depot just up from the Cross Hands Inn Old Sodbury at exactly 3pm. I waved but he ignored me being a mere peasant in a kit car!

Even with my 'flaming skull' snood and shades on it was cold, I was sure my eyeballs had started to ice up at one point!  ;D Great little country run though.

sanzomat

Great that you are well enough to be out and about again. I've not seen any kits out today though.

paintman

Thought about it at about 3pm....then decided to have a snooze in the conservatory ;D ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: paintman on 16, February, 2016, 06:35:19 PM
Thought about it at about 3pm....then decided to have a snooze in the conservatory ;D ;D

Ah bliss, I miss my old conservatory  :(

Iancider

I did Cheddar Gorge yesterday in Gorgeous sunshine (see what I did there?).  Great drive, saw nothing else exciting on four wheels. 

BUT is did see the Goats - Yippeee!!!

Seriously awesome experience with my new suspension - WELL DONE DAVE GALLOP!

Facial Hair Optional

Is it really noticeable Ian? The suspension I mean, not the goats!

Iancider

QuoteIs it really noticeable Ian? The suspension I mean, not the goats!

Yes very much so.  The car is a much softer, more compliant ride and I had been getting surprise reactions from the front end.  They occurred because the anti-roll bar was stiffer than the chassis and that is nearly rigid. At the rear I had to overdo the damping because the spring rates were too low - only slightly but it makes a big difference raising them slightly.  Now the springs do the work rather than the dampers.

The rear anti-roll bar was also too stiff and was causing oversteer at extremes.  And also I had a bucking problem at the rear and bottoming out on the down stroke when I went airborne.  Dual rate dampers has now solved that one too.

So that is all of my excuses gone and publicly now - if I am not faster in April it just has to be plain old lack of skill or nerve!  ;)

Moleman

Dave is doing will be doing mine hopefully very soon as well Ian.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 16, February, 2016, 06:29:05 PM
Great that you are well enough to be out and about again. I've not seen any kits out today though.

Doesn't have to be a kit car btw guys, anything interesting will do.

My son texted me this morning to tell me that orange Lambo passed him on his way to school this morning. Seems the guy is having trouble selling it as he's had it a while now. £229,000 I think - any takers?

sanzomat

Took the GTM to work today. Will be leaving Portishead for Yate soon so keep them peeled...

Iancider

Moleman

Haven't spotted anything yet due to all this rain on the windscreen. Though the sun does seem to come out when I'm in work.  ::) ;D

Gary RH7

paintman

Went over my son's Paintshop this morning, saw a Porshe 912 he had just finished out side and a early Marcos Gt he was
just starting a restoration on.....does that count!!!! ::) ;D ;D

sanzomat

Saw a black Cobra on the A38 between Almondsbury and Rudgeway, by the BP filling station at about 12:30 today. one of us?

Iancider

So the Teacher said...

And what did you see today Bobby and Bobby said....

I saw Green car a Blue lorry and a White car

And what did you see Sarah...

I saw a Red bus, a aeroplane and Yellow car.

James what did you see?

Well I saw a petrol lorry, lots of cars and a flat dog!

A flat dog!????  How do yo know it was flat?

Well Miss,

I saw another dog pumping it up!  ;D

Gary RH7

Quote from: Iancider on 24, February, 2016, 10:15:02 PM
So the Teacher said...

James what did you see?

Well Miss,

Showing your age there Ian ;D :P

Old one but a goody

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: paintman on 24, February, 2016, 04:25:55 PM
Went over my son's Paintshop this morning, saw a Porshe 912 he had just finished out side and a early Marcos Gt he was
just starting a restoration on.....does that count!!!! ::) ;D ;D

Yep, that counts Tony, nice spot in fact!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 24, February, 2016, 10:15:02 PM
So the Teacher said...

James what did you see?

Well Miss,

Naughty step!!!!!!!!  :o :o :P :P

damouk

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 26, February, 2016, 07:28:28 PM
Ha is he joining you Steve..

I can't even remember the last time I was on it mate, it was that long ago  ;D ;D ::) ::)