News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Kit Plane, got to be worth a go!

Started by Lucky Ed, 21, February, 2016, 12:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

Thought I'd try and knock one of these up this afternoon seeing as it's raining again.

http://uvideo100.com/testflight.html

Facial Hair Optional

Brilliant!  I'm sure you'd make a better job of it too Ed.

800kgs? I think I'll make some wings for the ASBO!

Love the way the crowd laughed when it went off track and collapsed - nice to see the BKCC spirit alive and well in Africa!!!

Facial Hair Optional

If kit car life ever becomes too boring for me, this will be my next move, or maybe an autogyro if I can afford one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dudek-Synthesis-paraglider-canopy-and-paramotor-/301864315820?hash=item464883ebac:g:cEcAAOSwvUlWskM3

No traffic jams up there and the views are always spectacular!

Moleman

That is funny. Anyone want to do a passenger ride on it once he sorts out the old problem?  :o

sanzomat

Moleman

'The Gaffer'

"The plane collapsed, but that did not mean the end of the road"  You really have to admire their ambition!!!

FHO. That looks terrifying stuff but I can see the attraction. Closest I've been is this.. A 3mtr power kite, and that's scary enough!!

Gary RH7

Did an attempt in Parasailing many years ago in Corfu (18-30's thats how long ago :o)

Great fun. Asked the guy who was driving the speedboat not to let me down gently but turn back on himself so I did a vertical drop. Fine until I took my last breath before hitting the water. Misjudged it...too late :o GULP :'(

benchmark51

One of my neighbors has a light aircraft, old one he restored. He had a microlight for sale too, about £300 but no-one on here was interested.

paintman

Quote from: benchmark51 on 23, February, 2016, 11:04:12 AM
He had a microlight for sale too, about £300 but no-one on here was interested.

That's real cheap.....did it have trouble with the engine cutting out suddenly!!! ::) :P

Iancider

This is good enough for him not to hurt himself.  If he gets better it will be worse!

benchmark51

Quote from: paintman on 23, February, 2016, 07:42:44 PM
Quote from: benchmark51 on 23, February, 2016, 11:04:12 AM
He had a microlight for sale too, about £300 but no-one on here was interested.

That's real cheap.....did it have trouble with the engine cutting out suddenly!!! ::) :P
No, I think it was all ok, spare engine too. I think the wing bit was missing, but easy to source one. Also I think that it was the type that doesn't need a proper pilots licence.