News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New Top Gear presenter - Rolls Royce rap

Started by 'The Gaffer', 23, February, 2016, 02:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Rory Reid, the one new host chosen from public auditions. Though most of us many never have seen his face or heard his voice, he's not new to reviewing cars on video - In addition to hosting automotive videos for CNET and Sky television, Reid is also automotive editor for a British video series called Recombu.

Instead of simply describing the luxury Rolls Royce sedan as most automotive journalists would, Reid rapped about it...

Certainly makes a change 8)

Facial Hair Optional

Well it's certainly different. Not enough to hold my attention for long though. But then he is more home with his downies than I am, innit  ;D

Gary RH7

"Rap" is not my style of music. I always think they forget to put the "C" in front.

Stick to rock 8) That's what I say ;D

benchmark51

Rap isn't music simple as that. Bunch of wasters talking to a backgound noise.

Clarkson, Hammond and May were Top Gear and without them you will have something else. Whoever presents it will be trying to create a programme but it won't be top gear.

If Clarkson, Hammond and May stick together and make a motor based programme then despite what they call it, it will be Top Gear.

I just hope they forget the 'car football' and 'caravan conkers'.

sanzomat

What about Angela Rippon, Noel Edmunds, William Woolard, Chris Goffey etc etc...

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 23, February, 2016, 05:07:41 PM
What about Angela Rippon, Noel Edmunds, William Woolard, Chris Goffey etc etc...

Are they still alive???  ;D ;D ;D ;D

sanzomat

Not sure. Not suggesting they make a come back. Just saying that Top Gear was around before Clarkson/May/Hammond.

CC Cyclone

Quote from: benchmark51 on 23, February, 2016, 04:58:28 PM
Rap isn't music simple as that. Bunch of wasters talking to a backgound noise.

Don't hold back now Dave...  :D

Got some pics of the hinges for you if you are still interested. Will post them up when I have uploaded them form camera.

benchmark51

Ok, if poss' a photo of where you need hinges to fit your car as well.

I think rap is awful, in my day we had sensible songs like do wa diddy diddy dum diddy do. ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 23, February, 2016, 06:12:49 PM
Not sure. Not suggesting they make a come back. Just saying that Top Gear was around before Clarkson/May/Hammond.

Thank God for that!!!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 23, February, 2016, 07:48:39 PM
Ok, if poss' a photo of where you need hinges to fit your car as well.

I think rap is awful, in my day we had sensible songs like do wa diddy diddy dum diddy do. ;D

Yeah and Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da by the Beatles!!