AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GARYRH7 - APOLOGIES FROM ALL OF US WHO MISSED IT!!

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 26, February, 2016, 07:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

There you go mate, that'll get things stirred up!!

Happy birthday Gary, sorry we all had our head up our arses mate!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Gary RH7

sanzomat

Apologies - I tend to follow the lead of others on this and add my iwshes to threads someone else starts! Actually, how do we tell who's up next?

Anyway, hope you had a good-un and got some magic cooling dust!

damouk

You are not alone, all of the birthday are in the club calendar gulp...

.. happy belated birthday.

'The Gaffer'

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 26, February, 2016, 08:21:59 PM
Apologies - I tend to follow the lead of others on this and add my iwshes to threads someone else starts! Actually, how do we tell who's up next?

Anyway, hope you had a good-un and got some magic cooling dust!

If you go to the Forum 'home page/front page' you'll see part way down the page this little lot.........

Bristol Kit Car Club and Forum - BKCC - Info Center
Upcoming Calendar Upcoming Calendar

Upcoming Birthdays: Richardp (43), Aristocat Charlie (62), fidodido (43), jmad (46), drivemojo (30), stupott901 (45), vinny1275 (38), Aitchy 37 (40), satchellm (31), whitchurchdave (32), peetee (48), Robert (57), evolution (51), knuckle head (32), Sprint 7 (65), mikeb (50), chrismojo81 (35), Marcus (52), rsrb30 (56), surfingnick (36), mattsmev (46), Chlorate (27), johnboy (43), Griff (47), Moleman (47), Parks (46), Seb (26), BoostLee (36), freedom 1 (52), tkpm (54), rivsy36 (23), Hairy Santa (68), Old Biker (53), dynamicEdd (47), Paul B (57), damouk, Rural Stig, Mr Phaeton (35), tickious (42), oilman (38), fletch_306 (33), The Great Redmondo (53), Almondsburyhills (53), benchmark51 (65), Crash Test Dummy (35), Sumov8 (57), Psymon (47), peterw (61), 'Mendip Wurzel' (62), Cobra Chris (32), WALNUT (72), Chawksey (36), Iainl, lightauto (81), Cyclone4 (45), CrisisWolf (30), dave_bence (54), Jagodo (59), tomcatt4 (35), fromeflyer (51), bergy (44), Self Made Man (25), corn plaster (52), pinky (44), benhardt57 (59), matty78 (38), Zephyr (27), Bulldog Bri (52), Krazyken (53), danwilko (33), scorhill.89 (27), Cob68 (49), furryfish (45), Iancider (62), longtimecoming (70), sanzomat (53), Flipper55 (58), Gary Maxreflect (47), Pilgrim Anna (37), M@verik (52), MOZZY (73), alastair (34), Lucky Ed (55), Dixie (49), Adam (26), 7builder (52), Jasperpilchards (41), Gary RH7 (65), Tiger Steve (48), YZFMINI (34), trsuk1 (56), bluehornetrider (39), Chaz (51), paintman (66)
Upcoming Events: Thursday Evening Club meet, Coleford Carnival of Transport., Moleman track day Part 1, CKC/OMEX Track Day Llandow, Chippenham Lions Club Cherished Vehicle Show, Moleman track day , Bath Festival of Motoring, Moleman track day Part 2

As you can see, Richardp is next up (age 43) and when it is the actual day of his birthday he will move to a section that appears to the right somewhere saying it's his birthday today. Hope that makes sense? Hard to show cos as far as I can tell the section to the right hand side only appears when it actually IS someone's birthday that day and then vanishes again. I think!! Phew!!!!

Iancider

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Iancider on 26, February, 2016, 09:38:10 PM
All I can say is they come round quicker for me these days!

Ain't that a fact. The older you get the faster they go for sure :o

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 26, February, 2016, 09:19:24 PM
As you can see, Richardp is next up (age 43) and when it is the actual day of his birthday he will move to a section that appears to the right somewhere saying it's his birthday today. Hope that makes sense? Hard to show cos as far as I can tell the section to the right hand side only appears when it actually IS someone's birthday that day and then vanishes again. I think!! Phew!!!!

Correct, the only time this will not show however is if the member decided not to add birthdate when signing up.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 26, February, 2016, 09:53:37 PM
Quote from: Iancider on 26, February, 2016, 09:38:10 PM
All I can say is they come round quicker for me these days!

Ain't that a fact. The older you get the faster they go for sure :o

It's kind of true isn't it! It's all about time PERCEPTION apparently. I recall they did a test across a wide range of people of varying ages where they asked them all to estimate when exactly one minute was up without using a watch etc. The younger people estimated the 60 seconds nearer to 70 and older people estimated it much nearer to 50 seconds. So as you age your perception of a minute (and hence time passing) quickens.

It is also to do with the way the brain lays down memories but I won't go into that one! Ok I will - briefly (!!!) the more exciting and new experiences you have the longer the day seems to last as the brain has to laydown new memory pathways (or whatever they call them!), which is why as we age the days seems to pass quicker because less and less is new and exciting to us and more and more is repetitive and more 'mundane' and we already have the pathways laid down for going to the kitchen sink, watching tv etc etc.

Stay at home, mooch around the house, watch tv and before you know it the day has gone and it's bed time. Go out on a day trip to London, get a train, catch a tube, visit Harrods, have a meal, visit the London Eye, Downing Street, Trafalgar Square etc etc etc, get the train home and see how long the day felt! Ta-da!!!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 26, February, 2016, 09:55:29 PM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 26, February, 2016, 09:19:24 PM

Correct, the only time this will not show however is if the member decided not to add birthdate when signing up.

Yes but it can be changed on your profile I believe, so if you want a birthday tomorrow you can change it! Oops, Naughty step Steve!!

Oooh look, I see it's my birthday tomorrow!!!  ;D ;D ;D

And I'm only 17 again - woohoooooooooo!!!!!!  :o :o :o

paintman

Bl**dy hell.....i'm nearly the oldest in the club......that's it, i'm not having any more birthdays!!!! :'( :D

Happy birthday matey!! :-*

Bulldog Bri

Very happy belated Birthday Gary.  :-[

I think the reason life seems to go quicker as you get older is you get more forgetful, so more of the days go by and you just don't remember them :'(

8)

Moleman

I forget how old you lot really are! Must be the fact that you all act like bloody children all the time.  :P :P :P

Happy belated birthday Gary.  :)

sanzomat

You are never truly old as long as you keep the spirit of a five year old inside! I think we are all doing pretty well at that - we all have some great toys!

Facial Hair Optional

I am a big kid and what's more I don't care so nah, nah, na, na, naaaahh!!  :-*

Iancider

QuoteCorrect, the only time this will not show however is if the member decided not to add birthdate when signing up.

Well Happy Birthday to anybody who has one tomorrow cos we wont be saying it again for four years.

But look on the bright side - you would retire at sixteen years and three months old, you would be happy to make your 21st and you could die happy without ever being 40!  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Yes but when you lose your virginity at 16 it would have to be to a granny cos what 16 year old girl would sleep with you with that 64 year old wrinkly set of gear!!!!!  :o :o :o

Iancider

Well I was going to answer but I self censored.

Then I thought of another and censored that

And another with the same result

But they could be summarised as Not Legal, Not Credible, and NO WAY! - just work it out for yourself  ;D :P