News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Chris Evans??

Started by 'The Gaffer', 04, July, 2016, 07:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Well, what do you know, Chris Evans has retired from Top Gear amid a growing complaints and falling viewing figures.

I didn't think he was doing too badly, and yes he might have been a bit shouty but I'm not sure he has been given much of a chance to get the show properly rolling again.

Possibly the BBC's biggest mistake was to re-invent the wheel.

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah it'll take more than one series to bed in. I think he did ok, I think Matt Le Blanc did better though

fullpint

Sorry but yet again I was one who would of voted him 'OUT' hahaha. Cant stand his voice!! Managed to watch half of the first show and turned it over .. Still not watched any off it :(

benchmark51

Know what you mean. If you don't like something/someone, why force yourself to suffer? Didn't watch any of it and don't feel I've missed anything.

Facial Hair Optional

I'm not surprised Evans has gone, he actually did less and less each episode as Matt Le B took over.

Vindicator

I thought the old TG with Clarkson, May and Hammond was past it's best with the contrived situations and somewhat dubious approaches to car tests..I'm surprised Evans adopted the tired format..... Must admit, I didn't get past the Reliant Rialto bit in episode 1. Liked the old TG challenges though.......especially the US challenge where they were hounded out of the petrol station then chased out of State .... :D

SPAXIMUS

The problem for me was that Clarkson and May were both accomplished journalists before they were on TG. They knew how to construct a tale and then present it. The new Team were presenters and that story telling was lost.

The BBC sacrificed there biggest money spinner to stop Clarkson because he no longer fitted. People have done as bad or worse and carried on working in the BBC but the swell of the right on PC luvies was too much to resist. They should now let it die as it will never be anywhere near what it was.

Brandy Barrel

So glad Chris Evans has gone but the only person I like who is left is the tech guys .... Just stop making TG.