News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Aint it Hot!!

Started by 'The Gaffer', 18, July, 2016, 05:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Over 28 degrees in my office today!!! :o

fullpint

Into the mid 30's in my paint shop!! Far to hot.. Took the Toniq into work :) Very foggy at 530am, come 2pm when I left it was far to bloody hot hahaha. Think the Audi will be used tomorrow lol..

Facial Hair Optional

Yep, SCORCHIO!!!!! 38 degrees in my garage - poor ASBO! Gonna be much hotter tomorrow apparently!

Newbietoo

But can anyone explain why my brickies on site had to go home early as it was too hot today?  It was too cold/wet/cloudy/miserable/England lost the footie etc. for the last six months it seems....  If any of you super-practical types can design a truly kit-build house I would be VERY interested in discussing it with you.  Will have to fit on the back seats of my V-storm though? 

fullpint

You have NO chance of them even turning up tomorrow then haha :)

Newbietoo

Nope, even worse the site is in Cornwall and the surf forecast tomorrow is pretty good.  I need perfect building weather of steady drizzle and no waves clearly... They might even turn up two days on the trot then? 

If any of you chaps want to retrain as builders move to the Duchy, you'll make a fortune if you're willing to work hard (or even turn up when promised).  Don't these people know I've got car parts to pay for now I'm infected with the kitcar bug!!

benchmark51

A mate of mine who is a builder went to Thailand years ago and kept going back every year. Eventually he married a cambodian woman and built a house but as he can't work over there he comes back to uk and works for 6 months then goes back. He works for the same firm everytime he's here. His missus has a clothing business of some sort. What a life, works for 6 months goes back for 6 months holiday and gets away from the wife for 6 months.

Newbietoo

If he works for 6 months of the year I think that's three more than I'm getting out of the lazy buggers in Cornwall!  Problem I've got is because their rates have gone up so much over the last few years they can earn the same in three days as it used to take them five.  Rather than earning more they just do a three day week and enjoy themselves for the rest.  Hmm, actually thinking about I think they've got the right idea, a bit like your mate in Thailand...