News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

ouch!!

Started by benchmark51, 01, November, 2016, 01:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Driver hurt and in hospital but hopefully will recover ok.

Makes you re-think side impact bars though.

longtimecoming

Me thinks a little less right foot would not go a miss, on a wet road like that.

benchmark51

Very true, these cars will bite you if your not careful. Although this is a known blackspot and someone commented that the car was for sale not long ago, so maybe the driver was new to this car.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/driver-taken-hospital-after-crashing-12067299

fullpint

Nasty.. I do wonder how one would get away with a side impact. I sit in mine and that 1 inch box section is only a few inches away from my hip!!

'The Gaffer'

I would have to admit to feeling a little vulnerable in a kit car at times - Even getting broadsided by an enthusiastic biker could have serious consequences, let alone a car :o

I'm actually surprised at the amount of IVA faff cotton wool mentality about pedestrian safety there is, but little or no thought has gone into driver protection - not that I want to see huge side impact bars being stipulated. However, seeing pictures like that do highlight just how exposed kit car drivers are.

Nothing quite like a full cage...

Drive safe!!

fullpint

Totally agree Phil, but I guess the same applies to a bike. We all know the risk and most the time we are in the hands of our maker :) :)