News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Got my tax disc today! Woop!

Started by Mark G, 10, June, 2009, 08:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark G

Finally got my tax disc today.  I'll be making my number plates up tomorrow so hopefully weather permitting i might be able to go for a drive tomorrow night.

The only annoying thing is that its on a Q plate, which I'll be appealing against as I want an age related plate.

Still a good day though.
Mark.

'The Gaffer'

Big congrats there mate.

Shame about the Q, but no big deal really  ???

Did they not think enough parts were left to identify the original car?

Anyway, you are legal so thats fantastic news.

It will be great to see you at the meet if you can make it.

Mark G

Apparantly to get an age related plate you need to have used 2 Major components from the donor vehicle.  I have used the brakes, hubs, steering, prop, diff and driveshafts.

The steering counts as 1 major component.  I would say that due to using the hubs and brakes I've also used the donor car's axles.  They aparantly see this as physical axles rather than metophorical.  I did explain that not many cars have a solid axle these days and the donor never had one but he still thinks I didn't use enough to qualify.

'The Gaffer'

Like you say, maybe an appeal is in order, nothing lost by trying

Richard

A Major success !

plate is a shame but you can't see it while you are driving it and grinning  ;D away.

YellaBelly

Nice one (jealous or what).

Personally, I don't see the problem with a 'Q'-plate anyhow, after all, everyone knows it's a kit so what's the issue?

Just my opinion of course :D :D

stupott901

congrats mark
it goes to show if i got motivated after my sva fail i could be on the road as well by now as you failed your sva the day before me

right thats it im finishing it off tommorrow and book the re test this week

how long did the dvla bit take did bristol do home visit?

Mark G

bristol dvla took less than 2 weeks to get me in.  got my tax disc on the day.  didn't even ask about home visit.

Good luck.

David H

Quote from: Mark G on 10, June, 2009, 08:07:45 PM
Finally got my tax disc today.  I'll be making my number plates up tomorrow so hopefully weather permitting i might be able to go for a drive tomorrow night.

The only annoying thing is that its on a Q plate, which I'll be appealing against as I want an age related plate.

Still a good day though.
Mark.

Congrats and well done!

In 5 years time a Q plate still looks the same age. An age related plate dates. This may or may not matter to you but I thought i would mention it. I hope you get your drive tomorrow!!

Bulldog Bri

I've had 2 'Q' plated cars and looking at a third one, it dosn't change the amount of fun you have driving them!

8)

Richard

You could always go for a plate like   Q 11 EEN or Q 111 CKY, must be a few fun possibilities if you had the nerve.

Bulldog Bri

Not sure you can choose your Q plate like that  :-\  think you get what your given as it's area related.. Though it could be worth a try!!

8)

Mark G

Don't get a choice, just issued a plate.

One week on and I'm alot less bothered now than I was this time last week.  I'm wondering now if I should just leave it.