News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

July - complete Kit Car

Started by Richard, 18, June, 2009, 03:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

The prototype GKD Legend as the front page and a little article is in this months magazine.

Just drawing your attention to it as this is the vehicle I'm just embarking on building, a couple of minor alterations from the prototype for the production model.

Hoping to finish the dismantling of donor this weekend, then another garage tidy up followed by construction time.

'The Gaffer'

I will be picking up the mag soon.

Dont forget a few build pics. Hope all goes well  :)

'The Gaffer'

Got the mag today, car looks great  :)

Richard

A few changes made since that prototype. And a few minor items from BMW modding world not made it to the reporter.

Lets see how we get along. This kit building is not a simple task especially when presented with so many options.

That car passed IVA a couple of weeks ago, so will pick up as much of the details as possible next week when I see Peter.

gingerpaul

I talked to Dax half way through last year and they said they were re-engineering the Rush to take BMW parts so I think the 3 Series is going to become the next Sierra. I've punished my E36 320 for a decade and it has been superb so I think it's a great choice of donor.

Are you going for the straight 6 chassis or sticking with the 4 cylinder?

Also there's a good wee article on Dax Rushes at the drag strip in there somewhere. My car is in the background of the big picture on the left.   :)

Richard

Straight 6's don't fit, the car is quite shortened. I'm sure with a bit of time it could be made to fit but a few other changes would be required to keep the proportions.

Will be posting the engine options of 4 cyl probably this weekend. The M42 and M44 in the older cars can generate quite a lot of power.  So some modding and tuning later and you can be getting close the very powerful 6 cyl models without forced injection, will get round to that in a post at some point as the weight of these brings a few little benefits you don't need to watch for as in the road car.

So, I see hiding in the picture !  Nice one.

I think your are absolutely right the BMW 3 series is the next Sierra.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 26, June, 2009, 09:38:22 PM

I think your are absolutely right the BMW 3 series is the next Sierra.

Agreed, how many Sierra's can possibly be left?