Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

wow first proper drive

Started by stupott901, 30, June, 2009, 06:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stupott901

just taken my indyblade out for an drive and wow i like lots
its got some speed and sounds awesome managed to put 5 miles on the clock just testing

its not road legal yet took on the range road just outside camp to set the speedo

the speedo (acewell digidash ) was fine up to 20-25mph then went all eratic but that is apprantly due to sender unit not fitted correctly

'The Gaffer'

Thats excellent news, you cant beat the sound of a blade on full song  ;D

How long before you are on the road?

Look forward to seeing you and the car.

Richard

Excellent advantage having that access to "private" road.

I'm curious if you found anything else that needed some changes in your test ?

stupott901

i reckon be ready ready for sva test from next week just have to book at bristol then it be waiting for dvla

is there anything i can do now ready for dvla ????

and yes it is handy having a private road handy still felt like an naughty school boy though

yes im going to have to bring the toe in a bit as i was advised to put more toe out on to help the self centering but gone bit too much i think

'The Gaffer'

Hope all goes well with the test.

Cant help on DVLA as never done it.  Maybe someone else can advise?

Mark G

Best thing to do is to make sure you have all of the relevant forms and paperwork filled out and ready to send off.  I took copies of everything that I sent incase it went missing.

After you've sent off your documents you will recieve a letter asking you to provide your car to the DVLA in Bristol for an inspection where they will check your chassis numbers, engine number and donor parts of the vehicle.

I had my inspection around 2-3 weeks after sending off the paperwork.  I decided to wait untill after my SVA had passed,   You can send it before but I believe it complicates matters.

stupott901

cheers mark that seems to make sense well what it matters waiting another 2-3 weeks when i have waited nearly 2 years

Mark G

What blade engine are you running Stu?  If you're on carbs, have you rejetted them?

I fitted a dynojet kit in mine and it made a world of difference to the torque curve and just felt soooo much smoother.

(Can't use a bike dynojet kit though,  need to get one specific for car use)

stupott901

hi mark its 893 blade engine so yes carb and no i have not rejetted them i was thinking once passed sva retest id look at things like that
where did you get yours from and are they hard to do?

Mark G

no, not too hard to do.  There is a pretty decent guide on the net somewhere.  I know the link does come up on the locost builders forum pretty often.

I got my kit from Andy B at AB performance, again through the Locost Builders forum.  He runs racing cars with these engines and knows the setup like the back of his hand.  I think he's spent about 16 hours on the dyno getting the settings right so you'd be best to go to him.  IIRC the kit is around £125.

The number at his workshop is
01449736633, ask for Andy.