News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Stoneleigh. The National Kit Car Motor Show 2009

Started by 'The Gaffer', 21, April, 2009, 12:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Sunday 03 May 2009 - Monday 04 May 2009

Stoneleigh Park Royal Showground Stoneleigh Nr Kennilworth Warwickshire CV8 2LZ

Who's going?

Christian

'The Gaffer'

Hi Christian.

Do you know if they allow small camper vans on site?

Speedy J

Christian

Hi G & Toniq

I don't know mate, I'm driving there and back in one day.  I would think so though, I know that some of the Lotus Seven Club are camping there.
Cheers
Christian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Christian on 29, April, 2009, 10:17:14 PM
Hi G & Toniq

I don't know mate, I'm driving there and back in one day.  I would think so though, I know that some of the Lotus Seven Club are camping there.
Cheers
Christian

Gave the organisers a call, yeah they allow vans. ;D

Maybe we will meet up on Sunday.

Bulldog Bri

Hi everyone. just joined today. To let you all know Stoneleigh has a full camping area and even and area set aside for motorhome of any size with power and water hook-up's. Travel up in a kit car and your show entrance is free, all you pay for is the overnight part (which ever way you plan). I'm aiming to travel up on Sunday morning (leaving about 8ish) returning late Monday afternoon. Hope to see some of you up there.

Cheers

Brian

'The Gaffer'

Hi Brian.

Speedy and I are heading up Saturday late, I will be around the Toniq stand for a while on Sunday.

It's a shame there arnt a few more of us as we could have arranged a members meet... maybe next year.

Bulldog Bri

Hi. I'll look out for you, I'm not picking my lad up till Sat eve, so leaving Sun morning (early) will have the car and camping on the Pilgrim owners area.

'The Gaffer'

Not sure if staying for one night or two yet so maybe our paths may cross.

'The Gaffer'

Wow, what a show. I have never seen so many kit cars!!

Speedy and I had a great time, we camped overnight Saturday and had a fantastic day on Sunday.

Met up with Bulldog Bri, our latest member. Thanks for making up the BKCC flyers mate. Excellent job!!

A warm welcome from the Apple Country Club too. Thanks Matt, Brian and Tony et all. :)

Heres to next year when the Bristol Kit Car Club will be just a year old and maybe have a stand of our own.

Being a Toniq R owner, I was pleased to see another 'Blade' Toniq at the show but missed the owner. If it's yours come on in and say hi. Liked the matt black and orange yellow theme.

The middle picture is the Brand New Toniq R, and boy was it beautiful. The guys have worked really hard to get the car ready for the show.

The lower picture was from the Dax Rush stand, this car looked very smart, in my eyes anyway.

Anyone else got pics of the show? Just click add image to post.

Bulldog Bri

Another great show, Saturday was mostly sunny, a good crowd and loads of cars. I took my Son James up with me and my dog Micky, yep we all squeezed into a Pilgrim Bulldog with camping gear. Took a nice steady drive up as I've only just got the car. It was good to meet up with you Phill and hope this club will grow into a good one. (think we're off to a good start). I've posted a couple of pic's from the Pilgrim club stand as thats where I parked up for this show.

Cheers for now.
Brian

'The Gaffer'

Nice pics Brian.

Yeah fantastic weather on the Saturday. We were all very lucky.

Maybe a show like this with so many open top cars should be scheduled for later in the year, but I guess the showground is booked ages in advance.

Here's Speedy J and me, or should I say our camping pitch.

Richard

Visited on the quieter Monday and when back home will load a few pictures.

What was quite reassuring for a beginner is the sheer range of quality of finish / style is all equally welcomed and supported.

Some of the replicas were truly stunning from the Stratos to the other Italian crew. Cobras are clearly a major area with attention to detail and a couple of the older style Jags were very impressive.

Loads of 7 alikes and the ease of build seemed to vary a lot between them, not sure I believe the low prices quoted by some.

Some of the modern Atom alike were physically bigger than I expected from prior research.

Fluidslvr

hi...

yeah I'm the owner of the matt toniq, thanks for your comments

was speaking to colin and he said you were at the show but our paths didn't cross.

maybe another time..

nice site by the way

Dazz

'The Gaffer'

Hey Dazz, thanks for saying hello.

Yeah what a shame we missed each other, your Toniq looked mean. It was funny that while we were waiting around to see if you were showing up, the car was being photographed more than anything else near  :)

Colin said you are from up north? Pity, otherwise you could join us for a blat.

Quote from: Fluidslvr on 11, May, 2009, 08:17:02 PM
nice site by the way

Thanks, we are a very new club and site so please keep looking in.

Fluidslvr

would of been a good collection if you had yours up as well..

bit of a run for you though..

yeah i'm Rugby in the midlands (20 mins from Stoneleigh  :D )

'The Gaffer'

Yeah
Quote from: Fluidslvr on 11, May, 2009, 09:42:27 PM
would of been a good collection if you had yours up as well..

I did think about it but the transmission needs a lttle work. Got some big clunks going on in between gears.

How is yours when you change gear? Do you have manual or electric gearchange?

Did you build your toniq?

Any more pics you would like to share?

Fluidslvr

Ah right..

I have the manual shift still in place but have electric
paddle shift which I use most of the time

clunks between gear changes is pretty normal when using the manual
shift... using the electric shift with full throttle shifts I get no clunk.

Don't you have the electric shift on yours?

I built the car , but used a different chassis, which meant
some changes to the chassis to except the Toniq body work.

some more pics here
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/fluidslvr/toniq.htm

'The Gaffer'

Thanks for the info. yes I have electric shift only.

It is not clutchless shift though... yet. Do you use your clutch?

I am going to set up a Toniq thread hopefully over the weekend, perhaps I can use a few of your pics?

Fluidslvr

right got you...

I only use the clutch to start off and sometimes coming down the box.
no clutch used on full throttle up shifts  ;D

great idea to set up another thread..