News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC Special Car Build

Started by Camber Dave, 27, April, 2015, 08:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

If I can I will pop along to help mate.

Iancider

Nice one Colin - its good fun destroying a car!

fletch_306

I may be available for this now as I'm not away but it will be a last minute decision.

'The Gaffer'

Iancider

Thanks Fletch.  It is not the easiest place to find but I will post details just before the event.

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 02, June, 2015, 09:31:07 AM
If I can I will pop along to help mate.

DITTO.

I am late catching on to this one so am a bit in the dark as to who Ben is but it sounds like a really great cause.

I don't yet know where Track Developments is either but I'm sure one of you will tell me and I'd like to help if I can, though am not sure what i would do?

I will try my hand at anything though and am trained in engineering and have built and restored kits and cars b4 though it was many, many, many moons ago! In fact Camber Dave and I have met many times a long, long time ago b4 the age of tech and internet etc (I hear you about Twitter Dave, I just don't get it either!!!!!!)

Let me know if I will be needed and where and I will do all I can to be there.  :)

Gary RH7

Ian, put me down as a definite as the wife gave her blessing. Ill bring my tools and a packed lunch. Good to see you all last night.

Iancider

Thanks Gary!

STILL MORE ROOM FOR VOLUNTEERS

I will post full details during next week

Ian

Camber Dave

As it looks as we have a good turnout I will get out the BBQ and get a few bangers, burgers and buns.

Feel free to bring anything else to add to the buffet.

Tea and coffee supplied.

I will bring the car into the barn so weather won't affect us.

Bulldog Bri

Unable to get along to this, hope the say goes well.  Take lots of pics. 

8)

Iancider

Oops just spotted you at the top of the page FacialHairOptional

Thanks for the offer - all help welcome.

I will post full details of how to get there - not easy to find and how we will organise in the next couple of days.  We will be weather independent and working indoors.

We have formed a charity to build a track car for those with physical challenges.  We have called it GO! Inspire and it is forming formally over the next few weeks.  Ben Conolly is our inspiration.  He suffered Leukaemia just 18 months ago and was rapidly paralysed from the waist down.  Despite that he keep his ambition to become a Drift racer and joined Rob Parsons who while paraplegic build a drift car and offered  Ben the chance to drive it and boy did he drive it!  Ben is keen to leverage his inspiring mindset and to make dreams possible for as many people as possible over here.  And we will make that happen!  Our launch is at the Classic Kit Car and Retro show on June 20th and we will be the sponsored charity for the event.  We are also expecting quite a lot of publicity too. You can see the Chairslayer project in the USA and Ben's video at http://chairslayer.com/the-chairslayers-foundation-stories-media/ and the video

Regards
Ian

sanzomat

I'm trying to get myself into a position where I can come over and join in the strip, even if just for a couple of hours. I've got a list of jobs to do at home and at my daughter's flat (she is also disabled so in some ways charity begins at home). I've also got a list of things I want to do to my GTM but I've put those on hold and I've been busting a gut on the various other jobs so I can be far enough ahead to justify a few hours at track developments on Saturday! If I do make it it'll most likely be roughly 12-2pm. I'll probably give Queens square a miss though. It great for the club to be active but its in danger of taking over a bit this month!!

Camber Dave

We painted the chassis yesterday and although it will get another coat on Sat it looks good and the build is GO!

Thanks to Flipper and his crew.
Suzi supplied paint, rollers, brushes and CAKE.
Ed came in did a compression test on the MX 5 with excelent results.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 06, June, 2015, 02:02:50 PM
Oops just spotted you at the top of the page FacialHairOptional

Thanks for the offer - all help welcome.

I will post full details of how to get there - not easy to find and how we will organise in the next couple of days.  We will be weather independent and working indoors.

Thanks Ian. My ex has managed to score herself a free golden circle ticket at the Take That concert in the O2 in London on Friday (yeah but I bet Gary Barlow ain't got a kit car though eh??!!!  :D) which means I now have a teenage son to keep an eye on. I still plan to be with you guys if I can, just don't how early or for how long.

PS Ex.. it's about time they retired and you stopped encouraging them, that must be the 5th time at least you've been to see them in the last 3 years!!!  :o :P

Iancider

Doesn't that chassis look good all of a sudden - well done Suzi, Flipper and Dave and whoever else helped

Ian

Iancider

SATURDAY 13TH ARRANGEMENTS AND DIRECTIONS

Please turn-up at 09:30 or later if you need to.  We are going to strip the MX5 to a rolling chassis - a good way to store the bits we want to keep.  All of the bits removed will be cleaned photographed and catalogued for sale.

Dave is going to cater for us but if you also wish to bring food and drink please do but please make a contribution to Dave's costs as well please.

MX5 Stripathon arrangements
Please bring or wear you overalls a basic set of tools so that we can work independently.  We are going to be indoors and independent of the weather. 
Thanks for volunteering
Ian

Getting there

You are Going to Track Developments and you host is Dave Gallop.  The business is based in a farm building nearest to Ladyswood and 1.5 miles South of Sherston.  It is not easy to find so please print or take note of these details. 

Postcode SN16 0JZ – this is approximate

From Bristol A420 the easiest way in is from A420 from Warmley to Pennsylvania then continue from the junction with the A46 on the A420 through Marshfield and Ford (4 miles)
Then in ½ mile, just past the George inn TURN LEFT signposted Yatton Keynell for 2 miles
Into Yatton Keynell and FORK RIGHT to Grittleton (in 3 miles)
AHEAD at cross roads (School on the right) into Alderton road.  Signposted towards Sherston
KEEP RIGHT at the fork in 1 mile and continue for 2 miles on to Fosse way. Over the new rail bridge and left at the Stone Mushrooms (last entrance before junction – red post box on a pole just ahead of you). 
As you come up the entrance you will see a cluster of farm buildings.  BEAR LEFT through them to the rear left-hand side where Dave's premises are the right at the back.  Park in the yard.

Alternative route from M4 Junction 18
EXIT NORTH on A46 and immediately turn right into a lane to Tormarton
Follow lane to Acton Turville in 2 miles.
At T junction RIGHT onto B4039 to Burton and then continue for 1 mile
When you see the Salutation Inn TURN LEFT to Grittleton (3 miles)
AHEAD at cross roads (School on the right) into Alderton road.  Signposted towards Sherston
KEEP RIGHT at the fork in 1 mile and CONTINUE for 2 miles on to Fosse way. Over the new rail bridge and LEFT at the Stone Mushrooms (last entrance before junction - red post box on a pole just ahead of you). 
As you come up the entrance you will see a cluster of farm buildings.  BEAR LEFT through them to the rear left-hand side where Dave's premises are right at the back.  Park in the yard.

If you get lost:  if you are near look for the Stone Mushrooms that mark the entrance and if you see the post mounted post box you are only 30 yards from the entrance. 
Dave Gallop 07977 948883
Postcode SN16 0JZ
Or call me on 07710 75 66 97

Camber Dave

Thanks Ian - Very well put.

BBQ update- Suzi and family have taken over the arrangements.
So we will get salad ::) with burgers  ;D

Moleman

Any more people up for this Saturday?
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Iancider

Breaking News

Our inspiration Ben Conolly made the front cover of the Wiltshire Gazette today.

See you Saturday!

Track Developments 09:30 SN16 0JZ

Gary RH7

The entrance. This might help.

Gary RH7

Iancider

Actually,

Please use the other entrance marked by the stone mushrooms - the farmer does not like us using the house entrance.

Regards
Ian

Gary RH7

OOPS !!!
I thought the other one was the farm entrance..

Camber Dave

This one please

From Motorway turn left at this post box. Sign says Grittleton

Lucky Ed

I've got a busy day at work tomorrow, but will try and slip away early in the afternoon to lend a hand, and also finish up the left over salad ;)

freedom 1

Hi just back of holiday but will be able to help out on Saturday.

Hairy Santa

should be there in the morning

Gary RH7

Apologies for the bum steer guys, Google Earth street view does not have the mushrooms but does have some horses in the field which mad me think it was the farm entrance.
Thanks for the correction Ian and Dave.

Camber Dave

Big thank you

to all who gave up their Saturday to strip the Mazda to a bare shell.

I think it all went very well. Sorry I forgot to check the petrol tank level before I disconnected the battery - otherwise it went better than my expectation.

And a workshop back to its normal level of .... comfort, if not Bristol Fashion.

Thanks to all.
Dave

B T W
I have a 10 mm combination spanner and a 10" flat screw driver been added to my box - anyone got one missing?

Moleman

The day went really well, Hats off to everyone that helped.  8) I never knew how many Dave's we have in the club since meeting Flipper. Even if your name is not Dave you became a Dave.  :P I forget what your real name was Flipper but from now on I will call you Rodney.  :P

Dave, Camber Dave that is did a really good job making sure we all had stuff to do & never stopped himself.  8)

We went from this  (not a good photo & there will be better ones to come from other people)

To this in a day.  8)

'The Gaffer'

Went along today to the MX-5 stripathon and it was great to see a such a good crew working really well together. I took photos of the day and here are a small sample..

The strip crew at work with Ben Conolly watching over

Troublesome dashboard

It takes a few to see whats stopping it

Yaa! Its out

Full wiring loom anyone?

Dave grapples with the steering column

Bens mum puts on a great BBQ

Ready to lift the shell

Up she goes

Pete takes a breather

Lifted showing chassis

Closer look at the chassis

Full tank of petrol

Petrol heads

Pulling out the rolling chassis

Rolling chassis

Engine ready for another day

Out with the fuel tank

Shell lowered onto trailer

Shell pushed outside

eBay parts for sale

More eBay parts for sale

The crew

Iancider

Yes it was a very good day - here are some more pics

Bulldog Bri

Wow :o some really great progress there lads, Shame I'm unable to make it along to this. Keep the pic's coming. At this rate it'll be finished in no time :P

8)

paintman

Well done lads you all put in a great effort for a good cause, sorry I couldn't join you! :-[

(Had to work on the Hood all day to get it road worthy for the Kit Car Show at Combe next weekend.....got the bonnet and nose-cone on and aligned, just need to wire-in the indicators and roughly track it up.  (Dave's going to sort out and replace
all the steering joints and coil-overs before setting it all up).)

See you all next weekend.....once again superb effort were all proud of you. ;) ;)

Tony

Daley Down Under

Fantastic effort (from your supporter Down Under)

Cheers Adrian

fletch_306

Sorry i couldnt make it the car failed its MOT snapped the handbrake cable and a couple little things. looked like you all did a great job.

Fletch

Iancider

Sorry to hear that news but be assured we were gang-handed - it was a great success video to follow soon.

Ian

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Camber Dave on 13, June, 2015, 08:22:43 PM
Big thank you

to all who gave up their Saturday to strip the Mazda to a bare shell.

I think it all went very well. Sorry I forgot to check the petrol tank level before I disconnected the battery - otherwise it went better than my expectation.

And a workshop back to its normal level of .... comfort, if not Bristol Fashion.

Thanks to all.
Dave

B T W
I have a 10 mm combination spanner and a 10" flat screw driver been added to my box - anyone got one missing?

Hi mate I think they could be mine , will have a look when I see you

Camber Dave

Can anyone weigh in the old MX 5 body.

Getting rid of scrap isn't as easy as it used to be.
I don't have an account and the garage here rely on callers that don't pay anything.

To keep it simple the caravan chassis we dropped it on can go as well.
I will sort out some more stuff to make the weight up.

Bulldog Bri

There is the scrapy at the bottom of the M32 (St Pauls Junction) they weigh the load as you go in.

8)