News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

IVA Test

Started by Bulldog Bri, 05, May, 2009, 10:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

Trying to get some info on the new 'IVA test' that is replacing the 'SVA' test i can arross this web site from VOSA. looks like the Eruocrats have got their paws in the money pot to, as the cost of the new test has gone up from £120 to £450.... Why? does it really take that much more time to conduct with more paperwork for these people to process? I doubt if it is really, but who are we to complain. If we want our cars allowed on the road we have to fall into line. Good old Euro Britain, standing up to Brussells again.

Bulldog Bri

Soz.... Forgot to add the site addie...    www.ampar.com/pdfs/SVA%20to%20IVAleaflet.pdf  I hope someone will find this info helpful

'The Gaffer'

That sort of money may put off a few potential builders, daylight robbery!!!!

YellaBelly

I've certainly noticed an increase in the number of unfinished projects for sale on 'the Bay' lately and can only assume it's due to the new IVA introduction.

Must admit, I thought long and hard about it, but then decided that the government is not going to stop me acheiving what I have dreamt about doing for many many years :D

If I don't spend the money on the test I'll waste it on something else!

Come the revolution...........:)

Bulldog Bri

Thats my feeling exactly, I'm still gonna finish my car despite them. though it may just take a bit longer now.

8)

Richard

Useful link

http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/repository/M1%20Inspection%20Manual%20May%2009.pdf

thought I'd already put this on once, must be going a bit more crazy.

Bulldog Bri

Thanks for that. Guess I have some reading to do again.
8)

'The Gaffer'

There is a very good simple to understand article on the IVA test in the latest 'Complete Kitcar' Magazine.

They have also put a very nice micro write up and link to us. (Thanks Ian)