+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Toyo tyres, oponeo versus other suppliers like tyreleader.co.uk

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 18, July, 2015, 07:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Has anyone used tyreleader.co.uk to supply their Toyo's (or any other brand for that matter) before?

They seem to be quite good on price, but not sure if they are reliable on delivery etc.

Moleman

sanzomat

I currently have 4 Nankang NS-2R's in my shopping basket on Tyreleader but I'm waiting for the price to drop a bit before hitting the checkout button. The prices seem to be very volatile. Just before I went away these tyres were at £64.91 each but they went up to over £75 last week. They are back down to £68 today but just hanging on to see if they drop a bit more. (these are for the soft compound, the mediums have only varied from £62 to £65). This is based on 205/45/16 - can't get 888's in that size. Oponeo don't seem to stock NS-2R's. Cheapest I've seen the soft compound ones elsewhere is £88. Delivery is free for 2 tyres or more, claimed to be 3 days on a courier. They come from mainland europe somewhere so some of the price volatility is likely to be euro rate changes. When I finally take the plunge I'll let you know what the service is like.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 20, July, 2015, 02:00:07 PM
I currently have 4 Nankang NS-2R's in my shopping basket on Tyreleader but I'm waiting for the price to drop a bit before hitting the checkout button. The prices seem to be very volatile. Just before I went away these tyres were at £64.91 each but they went up to over £75 last week. They are back down to £68 today but just hanging on to see if they drop a bit more. (these are for the soft compound, the mediums have only varied from £62 to £65). This is based on 205/45/16 - can't get 888's in that size. Oponeo don't seem to stock NS-2R's. Cheapest I've seen the soft compound ones elsewhere is £88. Delivery is free for 2 tyres or more, claimed to be 3 days on a courier. They come from mainland europe somewhere so some of the price volatility is likely to be euro rate changes. When I finally take the plunge I'll let you know what the service is like.

Brilliant thanks!

Toyo do the R1R in the 205/45/16 size you're after.

I think they are kind of one step down from R888's?

Not quite what you are after maybe!?

sanzomat

There seem to be very mixed opinions on TR-1s. I'd ideally like to try some semi-slicks but the 888's everyone recommends don't come in 205/45/16. The nearest is 195/45/16 - a bit taller and narrower but these are £140 most places although currently £109 on tyreleader. Having just checked the 195/50/16's on Tyreleader I've spotted they have some Yokohama A039's at only £35.77, the catch being they are date coded 2011. Having googled them those tyres were specially made for the lotus exige (so should work pretty well on a GTM) and the reviews seem fantastic. They have an all weather tread pattern but use the same compound as 048's. The only other place currently selling A039 have them at £365 for two!!! Tempted...

The NS-2R's are £69.11 today (soft) but the mediums that have been at around £63 shot up to £90 today...

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 21, July, 2015, 01:36:25 PM
There seem to be very mixed opinions on TR-1s. I'd ideally like to try some semi-slicks but the 888's everyone recommends don't come in 205/45/16. The nearest is 195/45/16 - a bit taller and narrower but these are £140 most places although currently £109 on tyreleader. Having just checked the 195/50/16's on Tyreleader I've spotted they have some Yokohama A039's at only £35.77, the catch being they are date coded 2011. Having googled them those tyres were specially made for the lotus exige (so should work pretty well on a GTM) and the reviews seem fantastic. They have an all weather tread pattern but use the same compound as 048's. The only other place currently selling A039 have them at £365 for two!!! Tempted...

The NS-2R's are £69.11 today (soft) but the mediums that have been at around £63 shot up to £90 today...

Not sure if that was in reply to my post sanzomat, if so I was talking about R1Rs not T1Rs. I have T1Rs on my Fury and it is too powerful for them. So on that basis I don't rate them at all, on another car though they may be fine of course.

sanzomat

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 21, July, 2015, 04:57:45 PM

Not sure if that was in reply to my post sanzomat, if so I was talking about R1Rs not T1Rs. I have T1Rs on my Fury and it is too powerful for them. So on that basis I don't rate them at all, on another car though they may be fine of course.

Apologies, my bad, must be that dyslexia - knew I shouldn't have signed that NDA!

Was just having another check on Tyreleader and the Nankang NS-2R's have gone up to over £100 today. I checked Camskill and they had some for £59.90 so I've taken the plunge and ordered them. They are out of stock now so I must have had the last ones.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 22, July, 2015, 01:26:12 PM

Was just having another check on Tyreleader and the Nankang NS-2R's have gone up to over £100 today. I checked Camskill and they had some for £59.90 so I've taken the plunge and ordered them. They are out of stock now so I must have had the last ones.

Can you do us all a favour then please (being as you have been brave and gone ahead and ordered and I have yet to do so!) and let us all know how quickly they arrive and what there service is like??

It would be a big help to all of us who have not yet used Camskill before.

Also let us know that the tyres are all ok and in date etc maybe?

Much appreciated sanzomat

damouk

I've used Camskill before, had them delivered to my prefered tyre fitter with no problems

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 22, July, 2015, 04:39:15 PM
I've used Camskill before, had them delivered to my prefered tyre fitter with no problems
Cheers dude.

I see tyreleader are in general cheaper but I've yet to find anyone on here that has used them!  ???

sanzomat

B*gger. Camskill have just emailed to say they have had to cancel my order as they haven't got any stock. Looks like the Nankangs are out of stock everywhere in my size now. The only places that are listing them have them at over £100.
Even the Federal 595RS-R's have gone up to £73 (were £62 earlier this week) probably because there aren't any Nankangs.

Now i'm left with a dilemma. I wanted to get some tyres fitted before the August 17th Combe day. How long do I wait hoping they'll come back into stock before I give in and pay over the odds for what is still available. One option might be to go with Toyo R1R's as they have dropped to £75 (were £110 on Tuesday - can't believe how volatile these prices are!) but a few reviews say they go off really quick on track or maybe Yoko Advan AD08R also at £75 - great reviews as a high performance road tyre and not too far off the mark on track. I'm thinking of waiting a few days to see were the prices go next! A boat full of Nankangs might land and the price might drop back again next week...

sanzomat

Thanks for the link Dave. However, those are the NS-2, not the NS-2R, totally different tyre. The R makes all the difference ;)

NS-2R are road legal semi slicks with soft compound for track use, NS-2 are ordinary road tyres.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 21, July, 2015, 01:36:25 PM
There seem to be very mixed opinions on TR-1s. I'd ideally like to try some semi-slicks but the 888's everyone recommends don't come in 205/45/16. The nearest is 195/45/16 - a bit taller and narrower

The 195's cant be taller at that profile sanzomat, I think maybe you meant 195/50/16 ??

paintman

Quote from: sanzomat on 24, July, 2015, 02:36:08 PM

Now i'm left with a dilemma. I wanted to get some tyres fitted before the August 17th Combe day. How long do I wait hoping they'll come back into stock before I give in and pay over the odds for what is still available. One option might be to go with Toyo R1R's as they have dropped to £75 (were £110 on Tuesday - can't believe how volatile these prices are!) but a few reviews say they go off really quick on track or maybe Yoko Advan AD08R also at £75 - great reviews as a high performance road tyre and not too far off the mark on track. I'm thinking of waiting a few days to see were the prices go next! A boat full of Nankangs might land and the price might drop back again next week...

Seems more like playing the stock market than trying to buy some tyres!!!!! ::) ::)

'The Gaffer'

Why not just give Brunel Tyres a ring. Banner at the bottom of every page and mention you are a BKCC member.

sanzomat

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 25, July, 2015, 01:45:02 PM
Why not just give Brunel Tyres a ring. Banner at the bottom of every page and mention you are a BKCC member.

Tried that. Brunel can't touch the better prices on places like tyreleader or camskill (when they are at the lower end of their massive range of volatility anyway). He did help with some opinions on the options I was considering and advised me to go ahead and order from Camskill. I've now ordered 4 Yokohama Advan AD08R from Camskill and I'll get them fitted at Brunel when they've come. At £72.10 they are currently cheaper than Federal RS-R and Nankang NS-2R in my size. They should perform as well (maybe a bit better) than the Feds or Nankangs on track, but maybe not quite 888 standard but should be better than any of those on the road and in the wet and/or cold. As these will be my only tyres they do need to achieve a compromise. I've now had an order confirmation and confirmed dispatch date from Camskill so hopefully they'll actually come this time...

Anyone tried the AD08R?

sanzomat

One other thing, wierdly, Camskill don't list the AD08R in their track day tyres section - you have to find them in the ordinary car tyres section. Places like Demon Tweeks list them as a track day tyre though and they are on the MSA B list. Yokohama themselves describe them as semi slicks.