News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

So what mpg do you get out of your car?

Started by damouk, 01, August, 2015, 05:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damouk

Just thought it would be interesting to see what mpg people got out of there cars, being lighter than the original donors they should be better! The V-Storm most certainly is and can get 25% or more than the impreza!

Damouk V-Storm 2.0 turbo 32.4 mpg vs impreza ~24

Moleman

I have no idea mate. It an't that good to be honest.  :)

longtimecoming

If you need to know how many miles to the gallon, you ain't driving it hard enough.    :P :P :P

Gary RH7

Interesting point damouk but I don't really want to fill up to the point of fuel coming out of the filler, drive, check the miles and fill up again to the point of it coming out of the filler again and calculate the MPG. I would be happy getting 25% more out of the Triumph Dolomite 1850 but I do drive it like a Kit an not a saloon car so I probably wont get 25% extra.

sanzomat

I think there are a few sensors/engine management thingies not quite right on mine so it is using a bit more juice than it should. I think (from very rough calcs) that its usually doing about 32mpg in a mix of spirited driving and driving with my wife in the passenger seat requesting more sedate driving! It rarely has long journeys at a steady speed though. I'm not complaining about that. Others GTM Libra/Spyders seem to get well into the fourties.

Iancider

Constant speed on the motorway 46 mpg.  Spirited country road driving c. 32 mpg.  Flat-out on the race-track 18mpg.  My average is about 36 mpg.

Best ever Portsmouth to Bristol on A roads - got 56 mpg!

Ian

Jagodo

Whenever I do to the petrol station, I always fill the car to the brim, every time. (And I record the mileage in a spreadsheet - because that's how I am).

My daily driver is a Hyundai Coupe 2.7V6 and it has averaged 26mpg overall - I get about 33mpg on a long run using cruise control and 22 mpg commuting.
My Dutton Legerra (2 litre pinto with a 5 speed box) has averaged 29mpg. It does 42 mpg on a long run (Cornwall) and 21mpg commuting.
I also have a Rickman Ranger (2 litre pinto & 5 speed box) which has averaged 28mpg. It does 32mpg on a long run and 20mpg commuting.

Nowadays I stick to the speed limits on long journeys. I reserve the bad behaviour for short blasts and tail-out roundabouts.

paintman

If the wife drives it 36mph......if i'm driving it 26mph!

Don't understand that......... ::) ;) ;)

benchmark51

My transit has a 2.3 duratec in it and I recently went from Warmley to Cardiff, done 3 stops in Cardiff and back to Warmley on less than 1/2 gallon of petrol :D

Iancider

QuoteMy transit has a 2.3 duratec in it and I recently went from Warmley to Cardiff, done 3 stops in Cardiff and back to Warmley on less than 1/2 gallon of petrol :D

Yeah that a doodle when its on a trailer!

Iancider

Sir Walter Raleigh broke the record...

He got 44,000 miles to the Galleon!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 02, August, 2015, 10:17:51 PM
Sir Walter Raleigh broke the record...

He got 44,000 miles to the Galleon!
Now that IS funny Ian, hahahahahaha, bloody good one!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

benchmark51

Quote from: Iancider on 02, August, 2015, 10:16:39 PM
QuoteMy transit has a 2.3 duratec in it and I recently went from Warmley to Cardiff, done 3 stops in Cardiff and back to Warmley on less than 1/2 gallon of petrol :D

Nope, no trailer. Driven normally , upto 70mph

sanzomat

Quote from: benchmark51 on 03, August, 2015, 12:12:54 AM

So how much LPG did you burn then Dave? :P :P :P

benchmark51

Quote from: sanzomat on 03, August, 2015, 02:07:04 PM
Quote from: benchmark51 on 03, August, 2015, 12:12:54 AM

So how much LPG did you burn then Dave? :P :P :P

Damn! sussed ;D ;D

benchmark51

At a guess, I used about 30 litres at 57p a litre. I put £20 of lpg in to top up at Shell near willy wicket, got to M32 on petrol(to warm up) then switched to lpg. Got back with lpg to spare and still had all my petrol. Works out to 40% saving over petrol. Power difference is like driving Ratbag on my own or having a passenger, not much but noticeable. Also saved £240 pa on road tax. Engine oil stays clean too and is as clean as when I changed it 6 months ago. Not bad with 250k on the clock!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 03, August, 2015, 03:09:39 PM
At a guess, I used about 30 litres at 57p a litre. I put £20 of lpg in to top up at Shell near willy wicket, got to M32 on petrol(to warm up) then switched to lpg. Got back with lpg to spare and still had all my petrol. Works out to 40% saving over petrol. Power difference is like driving Ratbag on my own or having a passenger, not much but noticeable. Also saved £240 pa on road tax. Engine oil stays clean too and is as clean as when I changed it 6 months ago. Not bad with 250k on the clock!

Yes I have a 4x4 with LPG, it's a lot cheaper. Last time I filled at Shell by Willy Wicket (a week or so ago) it was only 49.9p a litre Dave.

Road tax - massive saving, can't notice any difference in power in my car at all but then it has a fairly big engine. Mpg is about the same so I would say my saving is at least 50% at current LPG and petrol prices. Just as well as this year I have averaged 15.5 miles to the gallon so far!

I do recall the days when LPG was less than 25% the price of petrol though! Now it's about 42-45% I would say?

Gary RH7

I used to have a Passat Slowmotion. :P
After one trip I had to fill up so I record the range and average MPG with my mobile. Impressive??

RANGE

MPG

Facial Hair Optional

Gary RH7

Crazy but true. It wasn't after a long downhill run as some people would think. It was after coming off the M4, J17 and filling up at Morrison's

I only get about 57MPG in the Passat 2L Executive, automatic. Again Slowmotion!!