News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

my car

Started by chanz, 14, May, 2009, 12:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chanz

excuse the wheels those are my track ones lol

1999 Subaru Impreza 2000 turbo wagon

engine:

japspeed 3" decat exhaust
downpipe wrapped
RCM Induction kit
VF34 turbo
port & polished headers (wrapped)
JPerformance front mount intercooler
440cc injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
HKS Dump valve
Simtek ECU with Launch control and Anti lag
twin switchable maps
mapped by bob rawle
RCM oil catch tank

chassis/suspension:

SUMMIT anti lift kit
SUMMIT front lower H brace
STI carbon fibre strut brace
Eibach springs
Whiteline rear subframe lock kit

brakes:
subaru 4pot calipers
EBC red stuff ceramic pads
grooved discs

general:

Newage 17" alloys
boost gauge (psi)
boost gauge (bar)
oil pressure gauge
Greddy turbo timer

330bhp 330lbft torque

0-60 4.5s officially timed

chanz

this is a video clip of my timed 0-60 run

'The Gaffer'

Nicely spec'd car chanz, but I prefer my Toniq  ;)

chanz

yes i understand

next is a rebuilt forged engine in the next year or so then i will be able to push over the 500bhp mark

i will never sell my impreza but i will get a kit car aswell ive allways wanted one

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: chanz on 14, May, 2009, 09:44:25 PM
i will never sell my impreza but i will get a kit car aswell ive allways wanted one

The best of both worlds  ;D Both cars have there own thrills, certainly no comparasion.

chanz

i agree they are totally different although i was very disappointed on a recent airfield day i was racing a striker very nice it was had a R1 engine sequential gearbox the works but was i quicker in the 0-60 dash by a good second and was only half a second behind on the laps i would have beaten him if i didnt have two cracked front brake discs(only found out after) and budget tyres i must admit most of it is down to the driver but i was a bit miffed because there is no way my 5 door family estate should be even gettin close

we have a another track day coming up at kemble airfield if anyone is interested i might have a few spaces? you can come and kick our asses put the jap cars into place 

'The Gaffer'

That is interesting. As you say a lot is down to driver but what sort of 0-60 times are we talking about?

Mine is supposed to do it in 3.9 seconds but I've never timed it and I guess again its all about how good you get the power down, and I'm not very good at that  :)

Lap wise, most well set up kit cars hold the road like glue, but driver. tyres etc etc makes such a difference.  Perhaps you are a very skillful no fear driver???

Who knows, but as long as everybody has a good time, then thats what its all about.

Thanks for the track day offer, sounds like fun.

Richard

I can understand the down to the drive comment, with all cars I think it is a matter of using the car set up to its design. Not being any good myself I can tell the differences between the odd times of getting it right and not, just can't repeat the right consistently.

No idea on what I'll end up with but I am trying to do the changes in build that will in theory work together later. I may not be able to afford all the changes I should but this will have to be a bit by bit.

When I've got all my initial decisions made I'll post a few things up to see what you experts think.

chanz

he was doing loads of runs with times of 5.5 up too 6.0 but his launching was awful bogging down off the line i must cocede i have got launch control so it makes a hell of a difference i had times of 4.6 and 4.5

on the airfield there is nothing to hit so if u spin then it does not matter so pushing the car to the limits is easy the impreza is a very good handling car standard i have made alot of modifications to the chassis and suspension so it sticks very well all i need is a set of r888's tyres to get the best but all i got is four budgets at the end of their life lol

ive got no doubts about yours doing it in 3.9 you will have to come along to kemble and use the timing gear

'The Gaffer'

I'd be lucky to hit 8 seconds lol. The clutch in most BECs (Bike engined cars) are like F1 cars. Very on / off and easy to stall without a lot of revs and very pricise clutch control.

chanz

thats no excuse lol i have a exedy paddle clutch and its awful i stall all the time i look like a idiot in traffic cause it sounds alot like your clutch and i have to rev the car alot to get it moving lol

if you go to www.launchmotorsport.com and click on airfield practice days there is a promo vid witch has footage from the last day and one of the strikers runs is on their plus it might wet your apetite to come along to the next one

'The Gaffer'

Haha, I know its no excuse. I've only had the car since late winter of last year and not much chance to really push it.

I am planning on doing a few track days this summer, got to get transmission sorted first.

When are you doing Kemble, is it a club event?

Did I see you in that vid?

chanz

yeah there is a few clips of me i think lol

the next one is july 4th launchmotorsport is the organiser so its open entry the striker just turnt up last time cause he heard about it noone knew him lol its a great day with no limits no rules and you have as many runs or laps as you want its from 8 till 4 so you can do 8 hours of not stop racing if u like only one car at a time on track so no worries about other people 

there will be alot of different makes and models some with ridiculous power the sierra cosworth in the video is running between 600 and 700bhp

'The Gaffer'

Sounds good.

When I have 5 mins, I will add that to our events calendar.

Any idea of costs?

Cheers.

chanz

yes its 50 pound per car thats it all days driving it is really cheap when you compare 5 laps of castle coombe is 35 quid

it will ge great to get a few from here if anyone is up for it if you are for definate i will pop your names down on the list it 50 cars max its up to about 30 already

'The Gaffer'

Yeah put me down.

It will be good practice to get used to the car so dont expect any skill - or speed come to that  ;D

PM me and let me know what info you need.

I will start a new thread to see if anyone else wants a go.