News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Any Thought's for a club meet..

Started by Bulldog Bri, 20, May, 2009, 10:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

Hi Everyone.

Just wanting to get a feel of when and where to hold a club meeing.
Unfortuneatly for me I work shifts so weekday evenings would be out, my personal choice would be a Sunday evening it's at the end of a weekend and not the middle that way the weekend would still be free if you were going smewhere.
I already mentioned to Phil (G&T) The pub where I used to hold club meetings many years ago, This is the 'Wheatsheaf' on the A39 between Corston and Marksbury. It has a good size car park easy to find and whiile were in there, the sight of all the cars would attract more customers and did find a few more members. Not to mention some good beer  ;)

Any thoughts on this or ideas on meetings, let us know..

8)

'The Gaffer'

I am guessing its a bit early Brian?. Maybe we need more members to make a meet worthwhile. It is after all very early days for this club but we are getting there.

If anyone wants to get together one eve, I'm up for it though, so please put a suggestion forward.

Richard

You could always join the 3 Cobras on one of their little jaunts to get started and check out the various pubs (I mean pub car parks).

Bulldog Bri

For me the meetings are for everyone.

People with cars on the road and those still building. It's just as good for builders as they can get advice and see how things go on their cars (keeps the enthusiasm going for thier build) as we all get those slower times.

8)

Richard

It is always about people at the end of the day, so agree on that front, happy to turn up in a boring typical road car for the time being. ;)

chanz

ill be there but in my unboaring road car ;D

Richard

If meet wishes to start with a proper breakfast then Hartley's on the Mendips is a great place to start from, very welcoming and lots of food, nearly endless coffee.

Oh,  a good drive there and then elsewhere as well  ;)

On the old road over the top from Cheddar to Frome, not far from Masbury Garden Centre.

Bulldog Bri

Yeah, sounds like a good starter with a run down through the gorge after, great place to park the cars to flush out a few new members to. lol
8)

'The Gaffer'

YellaBelly

Something Cosmic going on here :o

I saw the title for the thread and my first thought was the Wheatsheaf, before I'd even read the opening line! Although it's a little way for me, I met up with one of the guys off the LCB site to buy some bodywork off him and it seemed a good place to meet. As has already been said, it's got a good sized car park, and the landlord certainly seemed friendly enough :)

JB

'The Gaffer'

Can someone tell me where the Wheatsheaf is exactly?

I would like to think we can try a meet somewhere in the next couple of weeks.

The Toby carvery just off the M5 near Henbury in Bristol has also been has also been suggested.

Bulldog Bri

Yes mate.
The Wheatsheaf pub is on the A39 Between Corston and Marksbury. For yourself, best to go down the M32 and out on the A4 all the way to the end of the Keynsham bypass towards  Bath, then all but double back on yourself and go up into Keynsham. at the next mini roundabout turn left up the Wells road right to the end, at the set of lights turn left again and it's just along there on your left. About 14 miles according to Google Maps!

For the Cobra lads who might be coming up from Shepton M. it's about 17miles

If you want to meet up with me and follow me over your more than welcome.  ;D and it's about the same distance!!!

Cheers mate  8)