Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

AVENUE DRIVERS CLUB MEETING THIS WEEKEND - 10TH Oct 2010

Started by 'Mendip Wurzel', 07, October, 2010, 08:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Mendip Wurzel'

AVENUE DRIVERS CLUB MEETING THIS WEEKEND - 10TH Oct 2010

The Avenue Drivers Club monthly meeting is on again this Sunday morning if anyone is bored and looking for something to do, 9.00am onwards for breakfast and coffee (Queens Square, Bristol).

I haven't attended for a while but it looks as if it is getting quite a popular meeting judging by this Piston Heads link -

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=114&t=785879&mid=222913&nmt=Classics

paintman

Anyone fancy a trip out over the weekend.   It's going to be warm Sat and Sun. then down hill into Winter so the weather man predicts.

Anyone know of any events etc.....I will probably have a blast over the Mendips if we can't come up with anything.

Any suggestions welcome.......Westbay run without the rain on Sunday anyone?

Tony

'The Gaffer'

I might be up for a run out Sunday, will post when I know more.

True about the weather, we should be making the most of it.

Bulldog Bri

Don't forget the Avenue club in Queens square....  ;D Could all meet up there then run out after.

8)

paintman

Or.......pop over to Hartley's for breakfast and a run about after. ;)    That might even tempt Pete  :P

Dixie

Quite fancy the Queens Sq run??

M

'Mendip Wurzel'

I may go to Queens Square in the morning if I get up early enough....

paintman

Looks like Queens Square then......Dixie and myself will be down at about 11.00.

Look forward to seeing a few of you lot. 8)

Tony

Hairy Santa

see you all there

Should have the new car with me

paintman

You don't mind if we all have a thrash around the square in it then Pete, do you ......ha ha :P

'Mendip Wurzel'

I'm awake, so I'm going this morming with wife. I will probably leave home just after 9.00am so should be there about 9.30 / 10.00

paintman

Good turn-out for a last minute get-together I thought.  Pete was posing with his new car which I must admit looked the dogs bo**ocks (pity about the seats though).

No doubt someone took a few pics but Dixie and myself were late visitors and a lot of the cars had gone.

We all visited the cafe and Pete scared us all by declining a breakfast ...... but not for long, the temptation was to much for him. :P

I called in to see Dixie's Cobra on the way home.....looking good, will be a real show car when its finished. 

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Nice to catch up with a few but for some reason I thought I saw 11.30 as a meet time somewhere?? Figured it was for brunch. Shame I missed the cars but 11.30 seems a much more sensible time for a Sunday morning anyway :)

Petes new toy

'Mendip Wurzel'

Pete's mean machine and what a car with a 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds.... fast or what.

330bhp of turbo charged muscle with around 600bhp per ton

We were all impressed by Pete's seat modifications, particulary the plastic bag which was a nice touch. We will all be looking forward to future modifications that Pete is planning.

An unusual photo of Tony's car in that it is actually parked legally.

One of the best looking Cobra's around...

Phil's new Riot and what a lovely build.

The nice... a Viper

The unusual...

The meeting...

The hungry...  well at least one of us was hungry, others look on in amazement..

The end...

robp

It's Avenue Driver club meet this weekend.  If it's dry I'll pop down to Queen's Square early this Sunday in the Westy.