Linked Events

'Mendip Wurzel'

"Summer Classics" Car Show - 13th to 14th August 2011

Washingpool Farm, Easter Compton, Bristol BS35 5RE

www.summer-classics.co.uk

EDIT = Added to calander.

paintman

'The Gaffer'

Yep, nothing stopping us getting a club stand and a complimentary Exhibitors Pass.

Who's interested in attending this event as a club?

WALNUT

I am intrested, if im still here in August

Tony

Hairy Santa

Quote from: WALLNUT on 17, April, 2011, 04:23:08 PM
I am intrested, if im still here in August

Tony

DITTO  ;)

paintman

YellaBelly

foggy

stupott901

Krazyken

Dixie

peetee

Bulldog Bri

Could be up for the Sunday as only back from Hol's on the Saturday  ;D

8)

Denzle

That could be a yes from us two as well....But a bit early to say yet.

Denzle & Mrs Denzle..... ;D

paintman

'The Gaffer'

Ok, I will contact the organisers this week stating we wish to attend as a club.

Those who have showed an interest so far.

1.  Mendip Wursel
2.  Wallnut
3.  Hairy Santa
4.  Paintman
5.  The Gaffer
6.  Yellabelly
7.  Foggy
8.  stupott901
9.  Krazyken
10. bulldog bri
11. Denzle
12. Sumov8
13. Almondsburyhills
14. Bulldog Bri?

Any more?

It appears they have camping facilities if anyone is interested.

Sumov8

I will keep this date free for the weekend and if the weather is good may stay the night!

Almondsburyhills

Count me in too, hopefully have the Dutton on the road by then, camping sounds good.

andygtm

I am hoping to go but unfortunately with my "other club" :-[ Maybe we might be neighbors for the weekend ;D

Bulldog Bri

Might  be able to come along to this one though will just be back from hols. may just have to turn up if I can.  :-X

8)

Denzle

Can do this on the Sunday but it will be in the VX220.... ;D

More positive nearer to the date though... ::)

Denzle & Mrs Denzle...... :P

'The Gaffer'

I have sent in application form for a club stand with camping area.

We have been issued with 6 pairs of entry tickets so I guess its only fair that they go to the first 12 on the list.

Entry for anyone else is £12 pp for weekend and £8 pp day pass.

Camping costs (Friday and/or Saturday)   Â£10 per vehicle per night.

Event info emailed to me...

SUMMER CLASSICS 2011

THIS IS A FRIENDLY SHOW BUT WE STILL NEED SOME GUIDELINES TO ENABLE EVERYONE TO ENJOY THEMSELVES, SO PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING.....

PLEASE RESPECT OUR NEIGHBOURS AND DRIVE CONSIDERATELY THROUGH EASTER COMPTON

KEEP YOUR PITCH CLEAN, USE THE BINBAGS PROVIDED.   NOTE: WE HAVE MADE PROVISION FOR RECYCLING, PLEASE RESPECT THIS AND USE IT ACCORDINGLY.   

STRICTLY - NO OPEN FIRES OR FIREWORKS ON SITE AT ALL

DON'T LET YOUR BARBEQUE BURN THE GRASS

NO VEHICLE MOVEMENT DURING THE DAYTIME UNLESS LEAVING SITE (i.e. for shopping) OR MOVING TO SERVICE OR DISPLAY AREA.

THE MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT ON SITE IS 5mph (this will be strictly administered).  ABSOLUTELY NO VEHICLE MOVEMENT BETWEEN 10pm and 6am. (except emergency/official vehicles).

RESPECT OTHERS "RIGHT TO SLEEP" – NO MUSIC, NOISE OR GENERATORS AFTER MIDNIGHT (this is a family friendly event).

DOGS WELCOME but must be kept on a lead and please clear up after them.

TOILET BLOCKS: Please treat the toilets as you would at home, use the water and paper considerately, don't try to flush anything else, and inform cleaning staff or the information point ASAP if there is a problem – if you don't tell us, we can't do anything about it!   We will do everything we can to rectify it but rely on your respect and help to keep everyone happy.  Please note that some trade and club portaloos are privately hired and not for general use. 

RECYCLYING – we have a recycling depot to recycle your aluminium cans, plastic bottles and glass.  PLEASE HELP US AND USE IT.

If you feel in anyway you cannot abide by our friendly and common sense rules, PLEASE DO NOT BOOK.

Full booking conditions can be seen online, or you can email us for a copy at info@summer-classics.co.uk.   Your booking is accepted on the basis that you accept the rules and current booking conditions, whether you have read them or not.

For your safety, we have security guards on duty overnight – they will also ensure that the above guidelines are followed and have the right to remove anyone who does not co-operate. No refund will be given. Admittance to Summer Classics is acceptance of the above rules. Thanks!

In the unlikely event of cancellation due to reasons beyond our control, no refunds will be offered or issued.

Sumov8

Gaffer

If we want to camp, can we make the decision closer to the weekend or do we have to notify them now
as its not to clear on the web site, I fancy staying the saturday evening if the weather is good.

Steve 8) 8)

'The Gaffer'

Steve, sorry your post went under the radar, can you give the organisers a quick call or email? Tell them you are with the BKCC.

Sumov8

Yes will do, it will be a shame to miss the whole weekend if the weather turns out to be a scorcher :-* :-*

'The Gaffer'

I now have a BKCC stand and 12 car / show passes so they will be issued to the first 12 here

1.  Mendip Wursel
2.  Wallnut
3.  Hairy Santa
4.  Paintman
5.  The Gaffer
6.  Yellabelly
7.  Foggy
8.  stupott901
9.  Krazyken
10. bulldog bri
11. Denzle
12. Sumov8
13. Almondsburyhills
14. Bulldog Bri?

I have been told we can apply for more tickets but you will have to contact the organisers direct for an application, make sure you state BKCC on it.

Firstly, is the list above still current?

I hope to hand out passes at a meet before the event if possible.

Hairy Santa

Bulldog Bri

WALNUT

paintman

"Ditto"..... not sure what day thou.....depends as usual on the British weather. ;D

evolution

I will be there, not camping though for 2 reasons.
health
I live 2 minutes away  :D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: evolution on 24, July, 2011, 05:54:31 PM
I will be there, not camping though for 2 reasons.
health
I live 2 minutes away  :D

I need to get a pass to you. Maybe at a meet.

Sumov8

Gaffer

Are there any arrangements for this weekend i.e all those attending meeting up some where or shall we meet inside?

Not sure how we will get access to the tickets supplied as we are running out of meets ??? ???

Who is still attending on the Saturday?

WALNUT

Weather permitting, I will be there.

Tony

Hairy Santa

I'd still like to go

Whats happening re the tickets

could we poss have a meet say at the old meeting place Thursday nite, just to dish out the tickets and a get together, anybody  up for it at all, whats your thoughts Phil   

WALNUT

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 08, August, 2011, 10:11:02 PM
I'd still like to go

Whats happening re the tickets

could we poss have a meet say at the old meeting place Thursday nite, just to dish out the tickets and a get together, anybody  up for it at all, whats your thoughts Phil   

I'm up for that Pete.

So, everyone that would like a ticket I can meet at the Lock Keeper on Thursday eve 11th Aug 2011 - 7.30pm.  Who else is up for that?

paintman

I want to go but can't get down there, got a job quote and it's a 50 mile round trip!

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: paintman on 08, August, 2011, 11:16:44 PM
I want to go but can't get down there, got a job quote and it's a 50 mile round trip!

Tony

PM me your address again Tony if you want a ticket and I will post it :)

Krazyken

I'm afraid I am going to have to jack out of this one as my car has no brakes (master cylinder) and no Mot and I need to get it ready for Donington on the 22nd.