Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Weston Super Classic Car Show - 23rd & 24th April 2011

Started by 'Mendip Wurzel', 21, April, 2011, 10:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Mendip Wurzel'

Weston Super Classic Car Show - Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th April 2011
10.00am to 5.00pm

I though I would start a new topic on this one as there seem to be some interset.

The WSM Classic Car Show is a annual event in aid of the Sea Cadets. The adverts seem to suggest a display of 500 classic car. There appears to be no central website but below is a typical example of the information that is dispalyed on numerious domains.

http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/weston-super-mare/events/297888/sea-cadets-classic-car-rally

There is apparently no booking requirement, you can just turn up and park your car right on the sea front on the 'Beach Lawns' and then you can go for a walkabout, whereas everybody else will be fighting for parking spaces as Weston will be packed this weekend because of the fine weather, new Pier and 70 million spent on improving the sea frontage.

The following have shown some interest

Foggy (Saturday)
Krazyken
Mendip Wursel (Saturday)
Paintman (Saturday)
Wallnut (Saturday & Sunday)
Hairy Santa (Saturday)

RobC & MarlboroCar (not sure if you chaps fancy this option)

paintman

I fancy a run out on Saturday.....can't make Sunday. ::)

WALNUT

I will be there both days unless something comes up more intresting.

Tony

Hairy Santa

Sounds like good fun to me, reacon I will have to pop down if the other half feels up to it tomorow

foggy

Saturday is ok with me.are we meeting up somewhere and  all going down together?

WALNUT

No meeting place or time has been sugested asof yet, so I will make my own way there, unless someone wants to sugest  place and time.

Tony

foggy

WALNUT

paintman

I shall try to get on the lawn about 11ish.

Dixie is coming with his family in the hard-top as the Cobra is still off the road similar time.

If any one else is coming accross the Mendips give me a PM otherwise i'll see you all there......don't forget the suntan!! 8)

Tony

foggy

'Mendip Wurzel'

I will also be there today (Saturday), when the wife get out of bed. Millie the dog is ready...

Hairy Santa

Good day out,
beautiful weather, great company, even foggy saw the funny side when we nicked his steering wheel
and I even managed the obligitory 2 breakfasts,  loverly grub

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 23, April, 2011, 04:46:25 PM
Good day out,
beautiful weather, great company, even foggy saw the funny side when we nicked his steering wheel

I counted three..... two beef burger meals and a full breakfast. Nice to see you on form Pete.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: 'Mendip Wursel' on 23, April, 2011, 05:07:45 PM
Quote from: Hairy Santa on 23, April, 2011, 04:46:25 PM
Good day out,

I counted three..... two beef burger meals and a full breakfast. Nice to see you on form Pete.

Ops - forgot the burgers - he he

WALNUT

Nice drive down and back, beautiful weather, lovly cars, shame about the company, but three out of four aint bad.

Tony

paintman

Really nice day out....pity there wasn't more more of us.

Some nice cars there but mostly the usual "classics".

Wallnutt was very popular as usual with the usual admiration of owning a "Ferrari"!! ;D

I enjoyed the drive through Cheddar and accross the Mendips but got "drowned" in a cloud burst on the way home......very wet but very refreshing!! ;)

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

A really pleasant day with beautiful weather and great company. There was certainly a lot of cars in attendance.

A reporter from the Mercury newspaper took a photo of me cleaning my kit car so this could be my moment of fame, needless to say I will be buying loads of copies of the Mercury newspaper next weekend.

Highlights of the meeting included Foggy loosing his removable steering wheel and desperately searching his pockets to try and find it, Wallnut trying to hide the wet patch on the front of his trousers after being sprayed by a faulty tap in the toilets and also the non matching colour of his newly sprayed front mudguards and of course Pete (Hairy) excelling in his consumption of a mere three breakfasts.

I have no idea what my wife Ruth is doing in this photograph (the one in the pink top)...

foggy

iI thought that I lost my keys as well,thanks for the offer for a pair of maul  grips, but the elusive wheel turned up again,but I thought for a few minutes,no one would knick that would they!!! Had a great morning,weather good,nice to meet up again.Stoneleigh next week,cant wait for that neither. Taking a chain and padlock to lock the steering wheel  some where!   

WALNUT

Foggy, you were lucky they never took the car and left the stearing wheel. LOL

Tony

paintman

pedro

Didn't we have a luverrly time the day we went to Weston on the mud. Nice to see Wallnut but missed the others. Polled up with herself and after wandering down the lines of interesting and not so interesting vehicles got it in the neck from her who when viewing the Mazda MX5s said "We could have come in my car  ???. Anyway a good place to park while we wombled down to the pier. Some pretty horrific tattoos and one or too that will be regretting not splashing on the factor 50!
To think we went half way round the wold to get drenched when we could have stayed in WSM!!

Krazyken

Can I take the steering wheel incident as a Black Award nomination for Foggy?

paintman

Definitely.......we were cracking up when he was patting his pockets!!! ;D ;D

Tony

foggy

Iknew i put it somewhere though the best place to start looking was my pockets its only a small wheel  dare i ask what the black award is

'The Gaffer'

Krazyken

Foggy

See the Black Award thread under General Discussion for a full explanation.  Yours is the first this year but everyone please keep those nominations rolling in.  Nothing like a bit of sweet revenge.

WALNUT

If only you could have seen the look of relief on Foggys face when the wheel did turn up.
A definite nomination for the black awards.

Tony

foggy

Just read what the black award is all about,got to say, I well pleased when it turned up again! Don't think that its worthy of the award-ha! ha!