Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Calne Bike Show - 28th July 2012

Started by 'Mendip Wurzel', 10, February, 2012, 04:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'Mendip Wurzel'

The Calne bike show is on again this year.... scheduled for the 28th July 2012

Of all of the events I went to last year I enjoyed this more than anything as it was different.
Strictly speaking this is not a car show but we had our own little kit car corner on a garage forecourt.... it was supposed to be for bike powered car but I went anyway.

Weather permitting I will be going as this is a big meeting ......... I'm not sure if someone has the contact details for the same parking arrangements as last year? 

http://calnebikes.freehostia.com/

EDIT: Added to club calendar.

Hairy Santa

it was a good show last year, great company as well 

would be game if we could get the same forcourt arranged as last year

fullpint

I missed it last year but went the previous 3 years.. It's well worth going. Friendly is an under statement. Loads of bikes both new and old, trikes, live bands. A dam good day out even for the wife and kids. 8)

Mike the Bike

Hi guys,
I've just woken up after a winters hibernation - not really, been sticking a bigger engine in my Beemer all winter!!! - and I was thinking kitcar club and Calne Bike Show
so got on here for the 1st time in months to see what's happening.

I see you've started a thread already Bri, good thinking, and yes it was a fab day with plenty to see and do and top class friendliness.

Let's see how many Bike Engined Cars we can amass this year then - and you Bri  ;) .

I can definitely organise the garage forecourt again, AND guarantee the car park of the vet surgery next door. This would accommodate 20 ish cars in total.

Please keep in mind that this is a bike day for bikers, therefore I think ONLY bike engined cars should attend. Last year we basically gatecrashed their event, they can't stop us
because the show his held in the town of Calne in Wiltshire which cannot be closed to the public, and is therefore open to allcomers. I took a gamble with the bike engined cars,
and the bikers loved them big time. I did, however, contact the organisers beforehand and tell them of our plans, and that I'd organised our own private plot. They gingerly agreed to
it, and I'm very sure they were more than happy when they saw us on the day, and saw how much positive interest we had.

We all met before the show at a pub car park a couple of miles out of town, and arrived by driving through the show in convoy. We announced our arrival in style  8) 8) 8)

Brian sneaked in his CLEARLY NOT bike engined car midway through the afternoon, and it proved to be a fanny magnet, attracting loads of women that appear to have a polishing fantasy!!!

And hi to you Pete - HS - looking forward to seeing you again soon, hows the turbo Busa beastie getting on? Have you sorted the front suspension yet? And have you any pics of last years show you could put on this thread?

Here's a link for the Calne Bike Day. No pics of us here though. http://calnebikes.freehostia.com/

Just had a root around the web and found a document from the show organisers at last years event, for the attention of club captains and where their stands were situated.
I was never given this at the time, but we were on the list, meaning we were actually recognised as an official club display under the name od Bristol Kit Car Club.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

fullpint

I'm up for taking a space on the forecourt please in my BEC  ;D Tis a little loud but bikers will like that. How big is the forecourt? Room for a burn-out  :D ;D :D ;D :D

Mike the Bike

Quote from: fullpint on 01, April, 2012, 07:05:44 PM
I'm up for taking a space on the forecourt please in my BEC  ;D Tis a little loud but bikers will like that. How big is the forecourt? Room for a burn-out  :D ;D :D ;D :D

I'm sure a burnout will go down nicely, but the police patrol the town during the event and seem to be looking for excuses to shut the show each year.

What car do you have though?

PLUS - I emailed the show organisers this week and they have given a big fat positive reply. Game on guys - officially too.  8) 8) 8)

fullpint

What car do you have though?

PLUS - I emailed the show organisers this week and they have given a big fat positive reply. Game on guys - officially too.  8) 8) 8)
[/quote]
I have a Mk Indy Blade.. As for the police... I'm sure most agree that one the day they need to turn a blind eye, with in reason tho.. Speeding or dangerous driving then yes CLAMP DOWN.. A little noise and a bit of smoke even they like  :D :D :D :D :D

Moleman

Hairy Santa

Mike the Bike

Thanks for the pics Pete.
Can someone adjust the title of this thread to include
"BECs invited for Club display"
Im not sure who to ask.
That will hopefully grab the attention of all the bike engines guys and girls.

fullpint

I guess this is still on and weather permitting I will attend in my BEC. Not sure on what time because we tend to have one of the Grand-kids. I expect around the 11ish mark for me. That way the dog get's a walk before hand..

Mike the Bike

Yes this is deffo still on  8)
Just as last year we will be parked on the garage forecourt, which is open until 12 noon on the day, so we can't use it till the garage closes.
The show is from 10am till 4pm and we will gather at the Black Horse pub about a mile and a half out of Calne, then cruise in in convoy and park up. Just as last year.
I suggest meeting at the Black Horse at 11.30 ... again, this worked well last year.

All participants are invited to Bowood House just outside Calne, for a gathering with live music and refreshments. I haven't done this before so can't comment.

Let's have a roll call of anyone who plans to come along.

Hairy Santa

I hoping to get up to you , not 100% but fairy certain at the mo

fullpint

1130 at the Black Horse sounds good to me. Perfect, means dog can have her walk. Mind you the forecourt may end up getting parked on by bikes?

fullpint

Out of interest where do you guy's put your bonnets? Or are you turning up with out them???

Moleman

I can go. It might be a bit close for me to get to the black Horse at that time though Mine is not a bike engine so I don't mind if there is not enough room for me so the bike engine guys can park there.

fullpint

Quote from: Moleman on 24, July, 2012, 07:19:05 PM
I can go. It might be a bit close for me to get to the black Horse at that time though Mine is not a bike engine so I don't mind if there is not enough room for me so the bike engine guys can park there.
Trikes will be there and they run a car engine!!! I'm sure you can slip in between a BEC  :D :D :D :D

Mike the Bike

A bit more info then:
My mate lives in the vet surgery next to the garage and will come out and cone off the garage forecourt till we arrive.
Last year we put the bonnets behind the cars and there was always some of us about while others were off walkabout round the show.
The bikers mostly leave their helmets and jackets lying around by their bikes, so I don't expect they will be bothered about steeling the bonnets.
I think we could sneak the odd car engined car in, but we have to respect it's a bike show for charity.
Mendip Wuirzel sneeaked in last year with his CEC and it was very popular with the ladies!!!

fullpint

appreciate what your mate is doing. As for my bonnet!! I may chance running with out it just to add to the bike noise factor  :D :D :D :D :D

fullpint

Mk Indy just had a wash n black and looking good for tomorrow.
Checked  my hose is on nice and tight and also have 2 litres of water on board  ;D. I will drive through Calne (coming on the A4 from Chippenham) and head to the Black Horse for 1130ish in the hope to see a couple of others. Will be bringing the son along.

Hairy Santa

Moleman

Can someone give me the adress or postcode of the black horse pub we will be meeting at please?  :)

fullpint

Quote from: Moleman on 27, July, 2012, 08:06:07 PM
Can someone give me the adress or postcode of the black horse pub we will be meeting at please?  :)
Main Road  Cherhill, Wiltshire SN11 8UT this is the one i'm going too...

Moleman

Hairy Santa

Just go straight through Calne about a mile the other side , the pub is on the left

mines a pint  :D

think you wil be impressed with take over by bikers of the middle of the town

fullpint

1000's of bikers will hit Calne today.. Great to see all new and old machines  8)

Mike the Bike

Game on then!!!
For anyone that can't get to the forecourt of the pub meeting in time and wants to come straight to our allocated show area after mid day, this is where we'll be:
The forecourt of the Thomas of Calne garage, which may have changed it's name recently, but the address is 11-13 Curzon Street Calne, Wiltshire SN11 0DB

It's a mass gathering of bikes and bikers, and trade stands and all the shops and pubs are open, and the whole family will have a great day out for free.

fullpint

WOW there was a lot of bikers today. Great to meet up with Mikethebike (plus wife), moleman and Pete again. Weather was very nice.
Bikers did love looking around our BEC's 8)
I left around 215 (baby sitting duty). Not sure if the others made it to Bowood House at 4?
Good to be able to park up too. Thanks to Calne Garage.

Hairy Santa

Brill time, good company,more bikes than last year if thats at all possible

only downer was Moleman's car shed a belt on the way home and had to call the AA out 

Moleman

It was a good day. Nice to meet up & chat to everyone.
The belt was a new one that was only on there afew days. Though it was the same number as the old one it was very tight & at the lowest adjustment so I gess that's why it snapped.

Hairy Santa

couple of shots, you might like the last one CAR engined Bike 

think everyone had a bloody good day

Moleman

That bike also sounded nice. I think someone said it was a Dodge Viper engine in it?

Hairy Santa

yes viper V10    0-60 - Quickly

here's another shot as the other one is a bit fuzzy

I gotta get one of these  ;)

Daley Down Under

Pete - think you might need some arm extensions  :D

Hairy Santa

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 30, July, 2012, 03:16:35 PM

Love it, will have to go back to the old tiller system I think as on the old steam vehicals  :D
hope all is well with you and the gang  -  is your car road legal yet ?

'The Gaffer'

Looked like a great day. If I had the space I would buy a BEC as well.

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 30, July, 2012, 03:33:14 PM
Quote from: MarlboroCar on 30, July, 2012, 03:16:35 PM

Pete - all good here. Marlboro Car still not road registered but making slow progress. Only sticking point now is whether we can run without a windscreen. If fitted it must be toughened glass as a minimum and have heater and wipers fitted. Watch this space

Adrian

Love it, will have to go back to the old tiller system I think as on the old steam vehicals  :D
hope all is well with you and the gang  -  is your car road legal yet ?