Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Weston Super Mare Classic Car Show - 7/8th April 2012

Started by 'Mendip Wurzel', 13, February, 2012, 06:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'Mendip Wurzel'

A few of us went to this event last year...... If the weather is good this is a prime parking location right on the sea front where you can maybe go for a walk or visit a local cafe, in addition to viewing the large display of classic cars.

Beach Lawns, Weston-Super-Mare.

Date: 07-Apr-2012 to 08-Apr-2012

From 11am:  All classes and club stands welcome. No booking or entry fee.

Edit. Added to club calendar.

Dixie

I hope to make it.

Will be nice to meet up with the usual crowd, hopefully first run out of the Spring. Only 4 x cars from our club last yr if I remember and a perfect day weather wise and free, and close to Bristol! ;)

paintman

I'll be there as usual!!    Hope the weather is as good as last year......really nice day-out as i remember.

Moleman

Sumov8

'The Gaffer'

Krazyken

I hope to be there on one of the days.  Who is organising for the BKCC and do we need to book space in advance?

Moleman

I will definitely be going sunday & sat will depaend on work which I won't know until closer to the date.

'Mendip Wurzel'

The organiser of this event is a chap called Keith on 01934 627563.

He said that clubs can have a reserved space and that last year on the Sunday there were over 1000 cars, so a pritty big gathering.

The 7th & 8th is the Easter Sunday weekend which is probably why this can be so popular.

The organiser said that this event has been running for a long time and was apparently one of the first Classic Car events in the UK and was followed by a copied event in Liverpool. Who knows whether there will be as many cars there this year, what we did have in are favour last year was a very sunny weekend which obviously attrached a lot of participants.

All in all this is more than just a car show......

'Mendip Wurzel'

This is actually called the "Weston Super Mare Pageant of Transport", so not just for classic cars.

'The Gaffer'

So what day are people planning to turn up on? Should a stand be booked? Does anyone want to take on organising of this event?

paintman

Sunday is best for me probably.....weather permitting. ::)

foggy

Unfortunetly I am down to work both of those days, but I could develop a sore throat on the Sunday. Is this the same place we went to last year and I though I lost my steering wheel?
Those who wee involved, might remember-ha,ha!

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: foggy on 20, February, 2012, 08:52:37 PM
Unfortunetly I am down to work both of those days, but I could develop a sore throat on the Sunday. Is this the same place we went to last year and I though I lost my steering wheel?

Your lost steering wheel escapade was hilarious, I remember it well.

Hairy Santa

I remember it well , foggy you even checked your  pockets, nobody could keep a straight face

paintman

Quote from: foggy on 20, February, 2012, 08:52:37 PM

It was to tempting......had to be done. lol :P

Cob68

Hi all, I am up for this one,  already in the calender, Sumday works for me.

Krazyken

I will definitely be there one of the days, I have agreed to tie it in with a trip to the Mother in Law (joy unbounded) who lives in Weston. 

Who is the lead organiser for the BKCC and what arrangements are in place?

Dixie

Quote from: Cob68 on 25, February, 2012, 07:16:01 PM
Hi all, I am up for this one,  already in the calender, Sumday works for me.

And me, even though I was carless it was a good day.

mark

Hairy Santa

Thought i'd already stated I was up for this  - old age again  ;)

Quantum owner

Put my name down aswel. I will be down with a big mob of classis cars from south wales.

stupott901

Sounds good to me on the Sunday as long as the misses hasn't got anything planned for my birthday

Bulldog Bri

Could be able to get to this one as well now. All being well and working.  ;D

8)

Grin-a-lot

mr tone

yes put me down for the sunday,perhaps i could meet up near Bristol and travel in a group thanks Tony

Bulldog Bri

Any further info on this one...

Times for meeting up for run over  ::)  (maybe meet in Queens Sq early)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Krazyken on 25, February, 2012, 08:42:30 PM
I will definitely be there one of the days, I have agreed to tie it in with a trip to the Mother in Law (joy unbounded) who lives in Weston. 

Who is the lead organiser for the BKCC and what arrangements are in place?

I did ask if someone would like to organise this one, looks like me ::)

As I dont know if we need to reserve a club stand I will call the guy next week to confirm - Update, we do not need a stand but best to get there before 11am. Meeting time and place to be confirmed nearer the day.

Sunday will be the only day that I will be organising for.

So who's interested in going...

1.   The Gaffer
2.   Mendip Wurzel
3.   Dixie
4.   Speedy J
5.   Paintman
6.   Moleman
7.   SumoV8
8.   KrazyKen
9.   Foggy
10. Hairy Santa
11. Cob68
12. Quantum owner
13. stupott901
14. Bulldog Bri
15. Gadget ackcc
16. tony ackcc
17. Stuart ackcc
18. beanpole ackcc
19. Grin-a-lot
20. mr tone
21. ?

Who else would like to join us?

Probably easier to meet up on route and out of town.

We can meet up in the layby at the end of the A370 dual carriageway opposite the Jubilee Inn in Flax Bourton at say 9.15am to leave at 9.30.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=bristol&hl=en&ll=51.420931,-2.69879&spn=0.003897,0.009677&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=30.501311,79.277344&hnear=Bristol,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=18

Dazzer

If i can find somewhere that sells unleaded fuel without charging 1.50 a litre  :o  i'm looking good for a weekend pass  ;D

Moleman

peterw

Its been called the Dew Drop Inn for about the last 10 years !!!

paintman

Don't think we will be meeting up quite that early as it is a bit out of our way and it does not start till 11a.m. so we got lots of time.

The "Somerset Chapter" will meet you down there, anyone wanting to join us from Wiltshire, Dorset etc... to convoy down across the Mendips to Weston, please PM me and we can meet up on route. ;)

Tony

paintman

Bulldog Bri

Just a word of warning Tony... It's a bank holiday and Weston can get clogged up getting in and out, especially if the weathers good as well.  ::)

8)

paintman

Quote from: bulldog bri on 04, April, 2012, 12:46:06 PM
Just a word of warning Tony... It's a bank holiday and Weston can get clogged up getting in and out, especially if the weathers good as well.  ::)

8)

Don't think the weather will be that great but i take on board what you say Bri.......besides that, a few of us need our beauty sleep and there's no-way Stupot will be awake before     9am.!! Lol ;D

Should be there around 11.30am i recon......hope the weather is ok.....fingers crossed!

foggy

I am afraid that I will have to drop out of this one as the Hood is not running too well. Booked  it in with Paul a week Saturday to have the carbs looked at as well as the engine set up, just hope I will be able to drive it there,if not I will be taking it up on a trailer.

paintman

Quote from: foggy on 05, April, 2012, 09:17:29 PM
I am afraid that I will have to drop out of this one as the Hood is not running too well. Booked  it in with Paul a week Saturday to have the carbs looked at as well as the engine set up, just hope I will be able to drive it there,if not I will be taking it up on a trailer.

Sorry to here about your probs.....hope you get it sorted soon. ;)

Tony

foggy

Cheers mate,I don't think that it is too serious, after about 30-40 mins of driving, it starts to miss and starts running unevenly, miight be plugs/leads don't want to change them yet and waste more money. Paul's place in Castle Coombe, is that on the Chippenham Road?  Circuit Motors

Grin-a-lot

Mine was behaving similar to that before it Paul worked his magic so sure you'll be right after you've seen him.  His garage is right next to the entrance to the paddock bit of Castle Combe track, you wont miss it.  Loads of beaten up old cars out the front, a couple of fuel pumps and a van rental place next to it.

Bulldog Bri

We hope to still be going, though the Bulldog has been playing up this week. plus it's had major surgery (details in new post once proven ok)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Sorry guys, it is unlikely I will be attending after all. Truth is I've been battling with bronchitis for 7 days non stop. Just picked up some heavy duty steroids to try (8 tabs at once :o) daily as penicillin didn't even touch the sides.

Who knows, I might even get a winks sleep tonight in between coughs :(