Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Pub Classic Car Show: Wed. 31st July

Started by paintman, 06, July, 2013, 01:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

paintman

Dixie and myself are going to the annual Classic Car Show at The George Longbridge Deverill on Wed. 31st July.

This show is held every year.....this is the 35th year I believe.

Stuppot and myself went last year and was gob-smacked by the number of cars that turned up!    3 fields were full-up and others still turning up at  8.30pm!

The Pub is on the main road going through Longbridge right opposite an Esso garage which is convenient.

Post code for The George is BA127DG and it is approx. 32 miles from the centre of Bristol so a nice run out with the wife for an evening pub supper.

The pub is situated next to 2 small lakes with picnic tables around them and if you go over the bridge between the lakes there are several adjoining fields belonging to the pub where they hold the show each year.

The gates open at 5pm and you will be directed into the show areas............ FREE ADMISSION!

We arrived last year at about 7.30pm and it was packed them.......my neighbour went at 4.30pm to get a good place.

The idea is that we get there by 7pm and have a pint and some food.....nice grub!!

Anyone interested.....we're giving the wifes' an airing and a night off from the kitchen......great last year with a lovely balmy sunny evening! ;) ;)

Tony

Edit: Added to calendar and added map.

Moleman

I'm a could be. It does look good.  :) I gess you got your sump done now then mate?

paintman

Yep all sorted thanks to Dixie and his engineer at his works, how's your engine looking, started on it yet?

Thanks for adding the map Phil......your far too clever. ;)

andygtm

This sounds like a good event, I am on lates though that day........oh dear my belly feels iffy..... :P I may even book half a day for this one.

paintman

Quote from: andygtm on 06, July, 2013, 08:24:41 PM
This sounds like a good event, I am on lates though that day........oh dear my belly feels iffy..... :P I may even book half a day for this one.

Yea I would......you can't be to careful can you!! ;D ;D ;D

Moleman

Still looking for a new one mate. glad yours is done.  :)

Anyone else fancy this one?  :D

Moleman

Anyone else would like to go to this then guys? :)

corn plaster

I plan to go, depending on the weather though.

Andy

Dixie

Sorry cant go, I am away up North with work.

WALNUT

Still waiting for my parts to arive from the states.
                                                                        WALLNUT

paintman

Gav my son with the bodyshop is coming with me and taking his M3 convertible.

Moleman

I can't do this one. Looks like your the only one mate? Sorry.  :-[

paintman

Billy no friends again!!......i'll think of you lot when i'm downing a few pints.  (wifes driving back). ;D ;D

fullpint

Weathers just a little iffy for me to risk it.. Would not want to get caught out in a heavy shower..

Hairy Santa

Quote from: fullpint on 31, July, 2013, 04:12:59 PM
Weathers just a little iffy for me to risk it.. Would not want to get caught out in a heavy shower..

just seal it up so it floats  ;)

paintman

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 31, July, 2013, 05:27:54 PM
Quote from: fullpint on 31, July, 2013, 04:12:59 PM

What are you man or duck!!! ;D ;D

I'm still going to wave the BKCClub flag.......

'The Gaffer'

Moleman

Sorry I couldn't go mate. On the plus side I now have a oil coolant system in the westy now.  :)