+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Dorset run and treasure hunt 28th March 2010

Started by Head of Engineering, 07, March, 2010, 11:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head of Engineering

Hi I am Trevor from the Apple County group and I have been approached to hook up with the Wessex Kit Car Club for a charity run out/treasure hunt the end of this month. Details are as follows:

Meet at Top o' Town car park in the middle of Dorchester.  Start assembling 9.15 to leave at 9.45am. In theory, you will need 20p to feed into the car park machine for up to 2 hours stay (50p for all day).

You would be advised to bring a clipboard, pen, map (of Dorset touching on Wiltshire & Somerset), picnic lunch, chairs, a (human, not satellite) navigator & enough fuel for approx 100 miles.

Route sheets will be given out on the day; this would probably preclude anyone wanting to join in en route.

£5 per car entry which is in aid of the charity 'Debra' - see http://www.debra.org.uk/ [One of the Wessex club members works for the charity which relies wholly on donations].

The 'treasure hunt' part concludes at Portesham so if any wish to go on from there rather than complete the whole route to Portland they could, without missing out on the fabulous prize. I'm told that the hunt clues are visible from a moving car but you may need to be very observant in some cases.

If weather is particularly inclement on the day, we could divert to a pub for a dry (weather-wise) lunch.

Suggest we would need to leave Taunton around 7.30am to make the start time and have some food.

If you are interested can you post on the ACKCC forum thread to give an idea of interest.

Cheers

Trevor

Richard

HOE Trevor, did see the post on ACKCC but not got a car in the condition to drive but happy enough to be "shotgun" for someone coming down your way.

Last did one of these in my MGB roadster and couldn't see over a wall to find an answer to a clue.

'The Gaffer'

Hi Trevor.

Not sure my car is going to be ready by the end of the month and Sundays are my full on days to get it sorted, sorry.
Sounds fun though.

Maybe others are interested?

Bulldog Bri

Still a little early in the year for mine, not Taxing it till May  :(

Have done a treasure hunt before... good fun.

Enjoy

8)

paintman

I would like to go but got to respray the Hood this month .... hoping to get it on the road for April!!

criddy

I know of a pub in Pymore, just outside of Bridport. My partners parents run it. There is a good sized car park, good food and real ales. If you wish to go there please let me know and I'll arrange it with  them. Its a great family run business