Forgot your password?

Avenue Cafe Queens Sqaure meet - June 13th Morning

Started by 'Mendip Wurzel', 08, May, 2010, 09:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'Mendip Wurzel'

Breakfast Meet June 13th Morning

http://www.avenuedriversclub.co.uk/

This is now a BKCC calander event. The members of the Avenue Drivers club meet at the cafe, situated on the corner of historic Queens Square in Bristol on the morning of the second Sunday of every month (See map for Avenue Cafe address )

Our visit is scheduled for 09.00am at the Avenue Cafe on Sunday 13th June.

Bulldog Bri

Could be a nice start to the day, having a look around the motors. Though its a little short notice this month we could make an appearance next month in a different corner.  ;) with a few cars  ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

Agreed, next month could be good :) Thats if they welcome kits?

Nice find Kevin.

WALNUT

Im told by a hot rod fan that kits do turn up and are welcome
Tony

David H

I've been and its all sorts. Serious enthusiasts with ALL types of motors from all eras. Pleasant bunch who just love cars. Its very casual and anyone can just turn up.

Martin Higgs

could be a nice run out if weather is ok but will have to be next month as engine is out at the moment

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Martin Higgs on 08, May, 2010, 05:57:50 PM
could be a nice run out if weather is ok but will have to be next month as engine is out at the moment

Good luck with the engine. Yep, next month good for me. Bri can we add it to the list?

Bulldog Bri

'Mendip Wurzel'

I pop down there today with the kitcar and wife to take a look, the Bristol 10K Marathon was on at the same time so there was a lot happening. 
The car bunch are a friendly crowd and there was all sorts there included a HotRod, some really nice American stuff and at the other end of the scale was Austin 7 type car, Morgan, Aston Martin, TVRs  etc (it was a bit like the Piston Heads event but on a much smaller scale).
The cafe opposite was very nice with good coffee and the breakfast was very pleasant.
The congregation area on 'Queens Square' is at the 'Queen Charlotte Street' end. 
I certainly enjoyed the morning.....

Old Biker

I went to the Square as well.  Some good cars there.  Parking was a bit teasy but that was because the running was on?  Fully intended to get to your meeting to properly introduce myself but was stymied by an 'old mans kip'!

Got a westfield now although leg still not recovered enough to get the medics to sanction me for my insurance.  Hope to be up and running by your next meeting and then I will get over in the Westfield.  What could possibly go wrong!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Old Biker on 10, May, 2010, 11:38:25 PM
Got a westfield now although leg still not recovered enough to get the medics to sanction me for my insurance.  Hope to be up and running by your next meeting and then I will get over in the Westfield.  What could possibly go wrong!

Nothing will go wrong hopefully, look forward to meeting you and your car as soon as you are well :)

Bulldog Bri

Anyone going down Tomorrow (13th June) ? ::)

'The Gaffer'

Hopefully working to get my tank back in for the evening meet :(

Changed title to show cafe meet.

WALNUT

Hairy Santa

Quote from: WALLNUT on 12, June, 2010, 11:47:50 AM
I hope to make it.

Tony

did I read right - breakfasts - see you there then

What time

andygtm

I will try to get there. There maybe some rubbish around though after the screening of the England game on saturday night.

'Mendip Wurzel'

We may pop down for the breakfast, beats cooking it at home. The weather also looks good in the morning.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Some of us paid a visit to the Avenue Cafe this morning. A very enjoyable event with lots of laughter and a nice breakfast.

Tony turns up almost road legal without mudguards. On a positive note at least Tony is not parked on a Zebra crossing.

Sensing a crime is being committed the local Police Constabulary are in attendance within minutes. You will notice that Tony, who is laughing uncontrollably, is making a hasty retreat from the crime scene.

Peter took the brave step of announcing that he is now on a strict diet and demonstrated this by only ordering two breakfasts. Well done to Pete as this is certainly an improvement on the usual three.

The team inspect Pete's new Spectre car which Pete kept telling us that back end looks better??? Needless to say we are all looking confussed by Pete's comments and hence only half a photograph of the back end.

A very pleasant morning in beautiful sunshine....

WALNUT

Its not that I had no mudguards, but they were in the boot lol

Hairy Santa

Good laugh and great company, even if they dont eat a lot - he he

Bulldog Bri

Yeah some lovely motors down there, though annoyed with myself, took camera down to take pic's.... NO memory card  >:( I'd left it in the computer  >:(

8)

'The Gaffer'

Haha Pete, hope the breakfasts were up to standard :)

Hope to make the next one, got a few to many car probs right now.