Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

THORNFALCON CLASSICS MEETING (TAUNTON) - Sunday 5th Sept 2010

Started by 'Mendip Wurzel', 24, August, 2010, 08:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Mendip Wurzel'

This could be interesting.....

http://www.thornfalconclassics.com/Event.aspx

THORNFALCON CLASSICS ANNUAL LUNCH-TIME MEETING WITH APPROACHING 1000 VEHICLES IN ATTENDANCE. MANY VISITORS CREDIT THE POPULARITY OF THE MEETING TO ITS FORMAT: IT IS FREE OF CHARGE, NO BOOKING IS NECESSARY AND COME AND GO, AS AND WHEN YOU PLEASE. IT IS PRIMARILY A LUNCH-TIME MEET, FROM 11.00am TO 2.30pm BUT MANY PEOPLE ARRIVE MUCH EARLIER AND SOME STAY LATER. Visitors arrive from all over the south of England – a few even further. The average number of exhibits sometimes reaches over the one thousand mark! It is a meeting, not a show, so your vehicle does not necessarily have to be in pristine condition. Most makes are represented, from the mainstream to the obscure, including commercial vehicles and motor bikes, as well as cars.

VENUE: The Parklands by THE MOUNT SOMERSET HOTEL, Henlade, Taunton. Just off the A358 east but only a mile and a half from junction 25 of the M5 - it is easily found, just follow the 'car meeting' signs. Adorned with trees, this attractive and much larger area will provide room for even more vehicles if needed. The format will remain exactly the same, including food available on site, also from the Mount Somerset Hotel: 01823 442500, or bring a picnic. Even if it is poor weather the meeting will always go ahead.

WALNUT

Looks intresting, but I think I will stick with the West Bay run, especially now that I know where it is

paintman

I'm looking forward to my fish and chips by the sea......pity the dates clash. :(

'Mendip Wurzel'

I must admit I didn't notice it was on the same day as the West Bay run... I also fancy the West Bay trip.