News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello

Started by OBR, 28, March, 2011, 09:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OBR

Hi there everyone,

Thought it'd be nice to join up as I am interested in becoming a kit car owner.

I finished restoring a Wolseley Hornet a couple of years back and want to get back into working on cars as a hobby without the fear of rust so a kit car sounds great!

Cheers

Olly

Psymon

Hi Olly,

Well you have joined a great community, what sort of kit are you thinking of getting ?? buying or self build ?

Simon  ;D ;D ;D

'The Gaffer'

Hi Olly and a warm welcome to our club.

I'm sure we can advise whatever way you choose to go :)

Denzle

Hello Olly, and a very warm welcome to the best club in the UK run by the best Gaffer.
Thats when hes not playing around with colours on the forum..... :P

You will get all the advice and help from this bunch of fantastic lads.....Hope to meet up soon.... ;)

Denzle....  Short hairy legs...fat belly...and bald head...You wont miss me..... ;D

WALNUT

Hi Olly, welcome to the club.

Tony

David H

peetee

OBR

Thanks everyone.

At the moment i'm after a seven style car which needs work but is already registered to avoid the hassle of SVA/IVA testing.

I want this project to me more about refining a working but i'm sure that will soon change when a bike engine or something equally interesting comes along.

If any of you hear of anything suitable as a project please let me know.

Right i'm off for a peek at your projects!

paintman

Hi and welcome ....... where are you based Bristol or the sticks?

Tony

Bulldog Bri

Hiya Olly. Welcome to the club.

8)

OBR

I'm working in Bridgwater at the moment so flipping between the girlfriend's flat in Arnos Vale and room in Bridgwater.

I work at the college with Josh Smith and saw the WestieBusa which was in for a chassis setup last week which is mainly why i'm here!

Do you guys have many gatherings?

stupott901

Hi olly and welcome to the club

YellaBelly

Hello and welcome. Good to see another to the fold :)

Richard

OBR

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys.

I've been trying to find the funds for a seven style car but sadly I'd have to sell the sensible car and sadly that can't happen at the moment.

Therefore I've been looking at Duttons, with a view to getting one which has been registered, going right through it mechanically and then doing some changes to the bodywork in order to make it slightly more appealing (don't mean to offend but some of them aren't the  most beautiful cars!).

So my question is, does anyone have one and if so would they reccommend.  More importantly if I was to modify the bodywork would it need an IVA as that is what I am trying to avoid at all costs.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Bulldog Bri

I wouldn't think for one minute you'd need to IVA it, as long as it has already been registered you'll be fine, people have modded their cars Spoilers, scoops and body kits for years and they've probably never even heard of an IVA!  :o Though just  to be really safe get the car on the road as it is first, make sure it is a sound car before the modding begins espesially if it a DUTTON! (not the strongest of kits and it age)

8)

OBR

Thats great news, thanks.

I now plan to buy the tired old dutton, strip the chassis down (add some reinforcing if nesesary) and get it powdercoated along with the suspension components.  This should form a good basis for a tidy little engine.

I'll probably run it around for a while with the tatty bodywork and then get that sorted to suit the immaculate mechanicals.....if all else fails it'll be an MOT'd shed before the summer!